Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The Hindu Ethic of Non-Violence.
Ahimsa: The Real Right to Life Movement
- About the first manifestation of evolved human consciousness. Demonstrates Ahimsa from its origins in ancient India and transcendence of all religions, to its aspects in contemporary times and future implications.
Becoming an Authentic Rebel by Osho
- The world tries to mold every person into a commodity: useful, efficient, obedient - never rebellious, never asserting itself, never declaring its own individuality, but always being subservient, almost like a robot.
- Dedicated to promoting peace. A growing resource for information on Gandhi, Thich Nhat Hanh, Martin Luther King Jr., nonviolence, svadeshi, conflict resolution, Mark Twain, links, and more.
Humane Studies Review
- Studies the history of peaceful resistance even in the face of destructive governments like the Nazi and pro-Nazi governments.
Make The Peace
- Promoting Peace...Understanding Differences.
Mark Shepard's Nonviolence Page
- Writings and resources on Mahatma Gandhi, nonviolence, and alternative economics.
Nonviolent Struggle and Cuba
- Articles including "How nonviolent struggle works", "Correcting common misconceptions about nonviolent struggle", and many more.
Philosophy of Nonviolence
- By David McReynolds. These notes are an effort to summarize the basic philosophy of nonviolence. It is much more than a mere technique, it is a 'one-edged philosophy' which cannot easily be used to defend or advance injustice, and which is of value only if tested in the real world.
Resource Center for Nonviolence
- Promoting nonviolent social change locally and internationally.
The Nonviolence Web
- A Guide to the Contemporary Peace Movement.
The politics of prisons
- The mostly hidden "torture chambers" in virtually every Prison and jail in the USA: "isolation units," "intensive management units," etc. --- and how to combat and dismantle these nonviolently. (In relation to progressive politics.)
Unity 2000 Philadelphia
- Photographs of the Unity 2000 rally on June 30th in Philadelphia.
grassroots violence/abuse awareness
- The Purple Ribbon Project Position on nonviolence, advocating abuse awareness, being vocal and an everyday activist on the local level, how to be a good role model, and how to effect change on a personal level. Also , how to join in the campaign.
v-nv-mobilize: Activist Non/violence at Mobilizations
- Intended to be a respectful, international dialog on activist "violence"/"nonviolence" at the anti-global capital mobilizations, in which people of differing views can learn from one another, and people of similar views can discuss how to act on them.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor