Periods and Cultures
Sites and Monuments
Submit a site
Mallorca and Minorca
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Dolmens in the Netherlands
- Photos, descriptions and the story behind all 54 megalithic hunebedden in Holland
- The existence of megalithic pyramids in Greece was unknown to most people until recently. One at Hellenikon has been dated to c.2720 BC. Images, description and references.
Holed Stones in Europe
- This page deals with the holed stones in Europe and the many customs around them. In English and German.
Infrared photos by Hermann Klecker
- Some very nice infrared photos
- Photographic guide to stone circles, megaliths and other prehistoric sites by Andy Burnham.
Megaliths in Europe
- Guide to prehistoric monuments in France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Russia and other countries. A photographic gallery with introduction, glossary, time table and bibliography from Jan Bily. Forum.
Megaliths in Western Europe
- Odile Prigent describes these great stone monuments and the Neolithic farmers who built them. Plans, drawings and photographs of the different types; important examples. French and English versions.
Megaliths of Apulia
- Toti Calo's photographic book of megaliths in Europe and specifically Apulia, Italy.
- The life-histories of megalithic monuments in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Germany). An electronic monograph based on a Ph.D. thesis submitted by Cornelius J Holtorf to the University of Wales.
Mégalithisme en Belgique
- Sites mégalithiques de Belgique. Megalithic sites of Belgium.
Oldest Astronomical Megalith Alignment
- The University of Colorado declares an assembly of huge stone slabs at Nabta, 6,500 to 6,000 years old, to be the oldest known astronomical alignment of megaliths in the world.
- Some of the most interesting megalithic and other archaeological sites in Europe.
The Dolmen Path - Russia
- Russian dolmens and other megaliths including maps, photo gallery and legends. Articles covering history, archaeology and mystic theories.
The Megalith Map
- Map-based guide to stone circles, stone rows and other ancient sites in the British isles, with thousands of links to information on them. Andy Burnham in association with Aubrey Burl.
The Stone Circle Webring
- A ring of connected sites featuring stone circles, megaliths and other ancient sites.
The Stones Mailing List
- The friendliest archaeology mailing list in the UK. Covers all aspects of prehistory from fringe to mainstream.
- A chance discovery of a group of megaliths on a coastal plain in western Yemen has sent scholars scrambling to explain why and how people were living there between ca. 2400 and 800 B.C. Article from Archaeology.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor