Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Sites in Britain
- A description of several Neolithic sites in Great Britain.
Bannockburn Neolithic Enclosures
- An illustrated report by Jim Rideout of recent archaeological inquiry into the Neolithic enclosures at Bannockburn, Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- A web site describing the history of archaeological research in Neolithic and Bronze Age in the Sussex Chalklands.
Dolmen and Grottoes of Bisceglie
- A description monuments dated to Neolithic times in Italy.
Neolithic Settlement - Catal Huyuk
- A descriptive essay on one of the earliest settlements known to have made the transition from hunting-gathering to agrarian society developed here as early as 6500 BCE.
- In a dry region southwest of the Dead Sea, Neolithic peoples at Nahal Hemar Cave stashed stone masks, jewelry, shells, and skulls decorated with thick black glue.
The First Metropolis?
- This article describes archaeological research at Catalhoyuk, in southern Turkey. Dated to 9,000 before present, the site is the oldest urban center ever discovered.
The Neolithic of Western Cheshire
- A report on a Neolithic and post-medieval site at Carden Park, Cheshire, Great Britain.
Virtual Catal Huyuk
- A computer generated reconstruction of the Neolithic settlement.
- A photographic essay of the site located on the Anatolian plateau near modern Konya in Turkey. The web site includes maps, computer generated reconstructions and photos of the Neolithic town.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor