Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1989 Oakland Earthquake
- Ladder54 photos includes 1989 California Bay Area earthquake collapse of Interstate 880 to I 80 in Oakland. Rescues and recoveries as well.
Automatic monitoring of regional seismic events
- Technical paper describing an approach to automatic, real-time monitoring of regional seismic events, based on the theory of pulse propagation in a randomly stratified medium with waveguides.
Center for Earthquake Research and Information
- University of Memphis (Tennessee)
Debate: Is the reliable prediction of individual earthquakes a realistic goal?
- Technical background paper and online debate sponsored by the journal Nature.
- Determine the odds of an earthquake happening near your home. Search a circular area by center longitude and latitude and radius.
- Preparedness tips, earthquake information, online catalog, and links to earthquake information.
- A variety of quake footage and links to other video sites.
Earthquake prediction based on electrical signals.
- A new approach on earthquake prediction is presented, based on the study of precursory electrical signals recorded on ground surface.
Equip for Earthquakes
- Collection of links and information on earthquake preparedness.
Geodynamics and Seismicity of Italy
- A geodynamic model of subduction in Italy helps to understand seismic hazard and active tectonics. Both model and seismological data are shown.
Global Earthquake Response Center
- Bulletins about major earthquakes, preparedness resources and merchandise and annotated seismic links.
How to Build a Seismograph
- Detailed instructions with links.
Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering
- At State University of New York, Buffalo. Website provides access to extensive information on earthquakes, earthquake loss prevention, and engineering and economic aspects of recent earthquakes.
Neotectonics Research, Brunel University
- A small research team engaged in the study of contemporary crustal movements in a variety of tectonic settings.
Queensland University Advanced Centre for Earthquake Studies (QUAKES)
- Research institute located in Brisbane, Australia.
RED Systems Initiative
- Multifunctional seismic alert system that provides alert messages for seismic early warning plus real time shake maps within a few minutes.
Swiss Seismological Service
- Latest earthquake info, interactive map, catalogue of Swiss earthquakes, and a feedback forum.
- Worldwide earthquake predictions and earthquake prediction information.
The University of Nevada Reno, Seismological Laboratory
- Investigates earthquakes and their effects in Nevada and eastern California.
Tremulus - A Guided Tour to Paleoseismology
- An overview of the study of past earthquakes written for non-specialists.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor