Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Microbes and other life forms in extreme environments. (Although the title of this site implies that it is about space, this is an excellent resource about microbial ecology in unusual environmental conditions here on Earth.)
BacSim: Individual-based model of microorganisms
- BacSim is an Individual-based Model (IbM) of bacterial populations, such as colonies and biofilms. Online computer simulations give a feel for what the program does. Source code and animations are also available.
Bacteriophage Ecology Group
- Possibly the only site dealing with bacteriophage virus ecology. The site includes a wealth of photos and drawings of these viruses as well as all you'd ever need to know about them.
Digital Learning Center for Microbial Ecology
- Michigan State University website with extensive resources on microbes and the environments they live in, as well as links to other microbial ecology resources on the web. Includes the Microbe Zoo.
Gutbugs - All aspects of intestinal bacteriology
- Gutbugs will include articles on probiotics, antibiotics, pathogenicity and bacterial interactions in the gut. Submitted articles welcomed.
IMPACT Project Home Page
- Interactions between microbial inoculants and resident populations in the rhizosphere of agronomically important crops in typical soils.
International Society for Microbial Ecology (ISME)
- Microbial Ecology for students, public, news media, and scientists. Also serves as the primary forum of discussion for ISME Society members.
LTER Microbial Observatories
- Describes the Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) programs concerned with microorganisms at a wide variety of sites around the world.
Microbial Ecosystem Dynamics (MEDEA).
- MEDEA is a combined experimental and theoretical approach towards understanding the mechanisms determining microbial ecosystem dynamics in the photic zone. Centered around an idealized conceptual/mathematical model, questions are addressed concerning mechanisms regulating structure and function of the food web.
Society for Anaerobic Microbiology, UK branch
- The Society is interested in all anaerobic microbiology research, from any environment. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in anaerobic microbiology.
The Center for Microbial Ecology (CME)
- The intellectual focus of the Center for Microbial Ecology is to understand factors that influence the competitiveness, diversity and function of microorganisms in their natural and managed habitats.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor