Submit a site
Congresses and Workshops
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Academy of Natural Sciences' Estuarine Research Center
- Private, non-profit organization dedicated to investigating the complex interrelationships of aquatic ecosystems, particularly the ways in which coastal systems adapt to, and are affected by, human activities.
- Aquatic world information on aquaculture, conservation, education, fisheries, limnology, oceanography, ocean engineering, maritime heritage, and seafood. Online store.
Assateague Plants of the Bay-Side Saltmarsh Area
- Use this site to find out about the plants that occur in a salt marsh in Virginia.
Australian Marine Conservation Society
- Non-profit, non-government organization that has a unique role in promoting the study and conservation of all aquatic life.
Biology of Coastal Dunes and Wetlands
- Biology of Coastal Dunes and Wetlands
COASTES - COmplexity And STressors in Estuarine Systems
- To understand the effects of numerous stressors on coastal ecosystems, the complexity of such systems must be recognized and incorporated into experimental and conceptual frameworks. We are currently addressing this complexity through a 6 year multi-investigator program.
- The Coastal Studies Laboratory located in Isla Blanca Park at South Padre Isalnd
Carolina Estuarine Reserve Foundation
- Supports the North Carolina National Estuarine Research Reserve (NCNERR) and other components of the North Carolina Coastal Reserve Program in raising funds necessary for maintaining the present reserves as well as procuring future additional estuarine properties; in learning more about estuaries and other coastal ecosystems; and in sharing this information with the people whose lives and jobs affect these ecosystems.
Center for Coastal Studies
- The mission of the CCS is to increase knowledge and understanding of the marine ecosystems, habitats, flora, fauna, and socioeconomics of the Texas coast and Gulf of Mexico.
Center for Tropical Marine Ecology, ZMT
- ZMT takes an integrated interdisciplinary approach to ecosystem research and coastal management in tropical coastal areas.
Chanslor Wetlands & Wildlife Project, Bodega Bay, California
- Ecosystem based approach to California wetland wildlife environmental education in Sonoma County with birdwatching, horseback-riding and Native American sites in wine country.
Chesapeake Bay Land Margin Ecosystem Research
- This project investigates the mechanisms affecting secondary production of estuarine ecosystems.
Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve in Virginia
- Ecological site for long-term estuarine research and monitoring.
Chesapeake Bay Program
- Chesapeake Bay and its ecosystem. Scientific data, environmental indicators, educational resources, public information, and more.
Chesapeake Estuarine Site
- Extensive links to Maryland and national sites on estuarine research.
Climatic Influences on the Concentration of Nutrients in Delaware's Inland Bays
- Describes problems of eutrophication due to increasing concentrations of dissolved inorganic phosphorus, nitrogen, and suspended solids, and proposes a study to produce predictive algorithms for the influence of a realistic range of climate events on these processes.
- This is a conservation organization that educates the public and protects priceless coastal habitats. Press releases, newsletters, and reports available on polluted runoff, coastal development and contaminated sediments.
Coastal America Partnership National Web Site
- Coastal America is a partnership among federal, state and local governments and private alliances to collaboratively address environmental problems along our nation's shoreline.
Coastal Eelgrass Habitats of Rhode Island
- Interactive maps of Rhode Island eelgrass habitats, with downloadable GIS data, and policy and regulations pertaining to seagrass in RI.
Coastal Marsh Project
- The purpose of the Project was to analyze the surface condition of coastal marshes and detect areas that were at risk for rapid loss of land area.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor