Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Reef Tank Resources - Lighting, Frags, Nano Reefs
- Complete line of high quality live rock, live coral, reef tank and Nano reef supplies. Frags, Sps, and Lps.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Aquatic Conservation Center
- The Aquatic Conservation Center promotes aquatic biodiversity through research and education about vanishing environments and through conservation breeding of endangered species.
Aquatic Ecology Page
- Guide to aquatic life and ecology resources on the Internet, with sections on algae, plants, animals and aquatic ecosystems.
Aquatic and Wetland Plants
- A forum for the discussion of current ideas and problems relating to the ecology, conservation, identification and taxonomy of wetland plants.
Baltic Marine Biologists
- International non-governmental scientific organization promoting studies on the biological diversity, structure, function and sustainable management of the ecosystems of the Baltic Sea Area (the Baltic Sea, Belt Seas, Öresund and Kattegat).
Bioindicators of Aquatic Ecosystem Stress
- Biological indicators have been developed and applied at field sites in the eastern U.S. to assess the effects that environmental stressors such as contaminants have on the health of aquatic organisms. (Environmental Sciences Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.)
Biological Markers of Water Pollution
- A review of the literature on the use of enzyme induction in aquatic organisms to measure environmental pollution.
CCEHBR Estuarine Mesocosms
- Modular Estuarine Mesocosms: Tools for ecology, ecotoxicology, and marine biology research at NOAA research facility in coastal South Carolina.
Canada's Aquatic Environments
- Featuring the habitats, animals, and plants of Canada's oceans, rivers, lakes, and wetlands. University of Guelph.
Deep Sea Pages
- Dr. Paul Yancey's description of deep sea habitats and photographs of the organisms found there.
Environment Canada: Aquatic ecosystems
- Part of the Fresh Water web site.
Environmental Management of Drinking Water
- University of Victoria reserach program researching the limnology and ecology of water-supply reservoirs in British Columbia, Canada.
Fish population of the Bay of Famagusta
- Although the fish population of coastal areas are a subject of discussion in everyday life, almost no numerical information exists in the literature. This research releases a mathematical method to estimate the fish population.
- A global network of people and organizations working for the conservation and sustainable management of lakes. Information on threats to lakes, promising strategies, electronic forum and links to lake-specific sites.
Marine Biology Learning Center
- Comprehensive resources on fish, coral reefs, dolphins, oceanography, environmental health, and research opportunities.
Marine Ecology Images
- A marine ecology image gallery: San Salvador, Bahamas, the Everglades and Florida Keys.
Montana State U Biology Research
- Comparing Microscopic Organisms in Fresh and Polluted Water
Oregon Rocky Intertidal Zone
- An in-depth page dedicated to the tidepools of the Pacific Northwest. Here one will find detailed information on over 30 organisms, original photos and artwork, links and more.
Potholes and vernal pools as potential indicator systems
- A technical article about climate change and ephemeral pool ecosystems, with photographs.
Red Tides in Western Gulf of Maine
- Describes U.S. Geological Survey studies on sources, transport, and nutrient environment for these phytoplankton blooms, which can be harmful.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor