Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Coastal Programs Division
- Their mission is to achieve the conservation and responsible management of coastal and ocean ecosystems. The Division provides technical, programmatic and financial assistance and advocates comprehensive resource management.
Coastal Services Center
- Mission is to foster and sustain the environmental and economic well being of the nation's coast by linking people, information, and technology. Located in Charleston, South Carolina.
Department of Lake and Estuarine Ecology
- The overall aim is to provide the scientific basis for the administration and management of lakes and estuarine ecosystems.
Dynamics Of The Salt Marsh
- A introduction to salt marshes, their dynamics and biology, and the importance of their conservation.
Eco Cruises on the Indian River Lagoon
- Barb Marine Consulting offers educational eco cruises in the Indian River Lagoon.
Ecology of The Intertidal And Subtidal Areas of Otter Island
- Classification of different zones of the estuary and the various physical processes which occur.
Ecology - Habitats - Salt Marsh and Estuary
- From Neartica-the complete gateway to the natural world of North America.
- The mission of the CALFED Bay-Delta Program is to develop a long-term comprehensive plan that will restore ecological health and improve water management for beneficial uses of the Bay-Delta System.
Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Information on research and educational programs at the reserve.
- National Estuarine Research Reserve's Estuary-Net Project. A telecommunications project supporting the development of coastal non-point source pollution education programs.
Florida Bay References
- Listing of books dealing with estuarine ecology, with particular emphasis on the Florida Bay region.
Florida Marine Research Council
- Newsletter of studies and current issues related to coastal central Florida marine systems with emphasis on the Indian River Lagoon
Great Lakes Commission
- Binational agency that promotes the orderly, integrated and comprehensive development, use and conservation of the water and related natural resources of the Great Lakes basin and St. Lawrence River. Information on water, air, wetlands, maritime transportation, and other topics and issues.
Gulf Estuarine Research Society
- An organization for people interested in estuarine and coastal issues centering on the Gulf of Mexico.
Hudson River NERR
- Hudson River Estuary ecology and geology information.
ICEM Research Theme
- Description of the JEI's research theme on integrated coastal and estuarine management (ICEM); Thames Estuary Project.
Indian River Lagoon
- Learn about the numerous plants and animals that inhabit this important ecosystem, as well as the impact from humans. Great newsletter covers current conditions of the lagoon.
LOTSE/Web-Menutree (Coastal ecosystems)
- Land/Ocean Thematic Search Engine
- A study of the loss, and containment of, the coastal wetland habitat along Louisiana's coast.
MADAM, Mangrove Dynamics and Management
- MADAM stands for Mangrove Dynamics and Management and is a German-Brazilian research and development program on tropical coastal ecosystems carried out under the auspices of the Agreement on Cooperation in Scientific Research and Technological Development signed by the Federal Republic of Germany and the Federative Republic of Brazil.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor