Submit a site
Sperm, Ova, Embryo Storage
Supplies and Equipment
Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Storage
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
21st Century Medicine
- A research and development company in the fields of cryopreservation and ice control technologies for cryobiology and industrial uses. In Rancho Cucamonga, California.
Accredited Tissue Banks List
- From the American Association Of Tissue Banks
American Association of Tissue Banks
- Professional organization for accreditation and information.
Anthony Jones Foundation for DNA Storage
- Cryogenic storage of DNA, aimed at preserving the genetic history of entire families for future medical use. In Canada and the U.K.
Asymptote Cool Guide to Cryopreservation
- Manual of the general principles of cryobiology, especially regarding the preservation of sperm and embryos. Detailed but accessible to the educated layman.
BioLife Technologies, Inc.
- Researches preservative solutions used in cell and tissue cultures and in human organ transplants, especially Hypothermosol. Subsidiary of Cryomedical Sciences, Inc.
BioMonde: Research and Development
- Bulgarian cryobiology researchers claim to have freeze-dried, stored, and transplanted "most of the vital organs." No details; claims appear to be of dubious credibility. Supposedly part of the Bulgarian Institute of Cryobiology and Lyophilisation.
Biothermal Sciences Laboratory, U. of Illinois at Chicago
- Research on cryobiology, heat shock, and fever.
Biotransport-98: International Symposium on Heat and Mass Transfer in Biological and Medical Engineering
- Includes several sessions on Cryobiology. This site contains detailed abstracts of the papers. The conference was held June 8-12,1998 in Kuþadasý, Turkey. Sponsored by the International Centre for Heat and Mass Transfer.
Conservation of endangered animals by using sperm and embryo freezing
- A project to preserve several endangered mammals of far northern Europe, using cryopreservation. At the University of Kuopio, Finland.
- Cryo-By-Design is an innovative company that offers quality instrumentation, manufactured by an award winning company, since 1992 for cryo-preservation and freeze-substitution.
- International Journal of Low Temperature Biology and Medicine. Published by the Society for Cryobiology.
- An elaborate set of pages with a great deal of general and technical information from Ingo Heschel at the Helmholtz-Institute for Biomedical Engineering at the Aachen University of Technology.
Cryobiology and Anhydrobiology - School of Physics,University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia
- Research and introduction by Associate professor Joe Wolfe
Cryobiology: Low temperature studies of biological systems
- A readable summary of the field of cryobiology by a college biology student, but with some confused opinions about the intent of the field.
Cryomedical Cell Suicide Following Cryosurgery
- Summary of scientific research on Gene Regulated Cell Death or Apoptosis by John G. Baust, Ph.D. and Robert Van Buskirk, Ph.D.
Cryopreservation Application Guide
- A manual for the cryopreservation of cells, as a downloadable PDF file (requires Adobe Acrobat plug-in). From Nalgene Nunc.
- Research on trehalose and cryopreservation at University of Wisconsin, Molecular Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics Group. Click on "Research." Includes a link to their nanolithography program.
- A company which provides secure off-site, ultra-low temperature and cryogenic storage for biological specimens. In Sydney, Australia.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor