Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Post Stroke Help
- Stroke recovery information. Articles and webcasts about leg cramps, muscle cramps, muscle spasms, post stroke rehabilitation and Baclofen or Botox treatments.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Acute Stroke Toolbox
- Guidelines, pathways, sample admission orders, and complementary tools, courtesy of the Brain Attack Coalition--a nonprofit alliance whose mission is to reduce the occurrence, disabilities, and death associated with stroke.
Angels for Amanda
- Supportive page created by the family of Amanda Carvalho, a survivor of prenatal stroke. Includes details about Amanda's life and treatment plan, as well as links to sites that have been helpful to her family.
Artists Recovering from Stroke
- Submit your artwork for inclusion in an online gallery, view samples from an Australian exhibition, and read articles about post-stroke syndromes that are of particular importance to recovering artists.
AutoMove Therapy for Stroke Survivors
- Product information for Stroke Recovery Systems' AM800 -- an EMG-biofeedback device that is designed to teach healthy regions of the brain to take over lost motor functionality.
Brain Basics: Preventing Stroke
- A comprehensive resources guide and fact sheet about stroke prevention, compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Brain Stem Stroke - Joe & Jackie
- A couple's story of survival and life after a massive brain stem stroke resulting in locked-in syndrome.
Brain Stem Stroke and Locked-In Syndrome
- Source of information and support. Provides background details and links to educational materials, assistive-device companies, survivors, and caregivers.
Brain and Stroke Research and Treatment Center
- Scripps Clinic Center of Excellence focusing on the prevention and treatment of stroke and other disorders of the brain. Located in San Diego, California.
- Information for those caring for loved ones with stroke, traumatic brain injury, aphasia, or other disabling conditions. Site also provides tax tips, relaxation techniques, a catalog of adapted leisure devices, and games (when you need a break!)
Co-Occurrence of Depression with Stroke
- National Institute of Mental Health fact sheet relating the symptoms of post-stroke depression and the importance of obtaining treatment.
Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy: Online Publications
- Reading list featuring reports on CIMT--a "massed practice" approach to limb weakness. Intended as a research aid for stroke survivors, medical professionals, and others who wish to investigate the therapy online.
Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky Stroke Team
- Case studies, protocols, and further resources for medical personnel involved in the care of stroke patients.
HealthAtoZ's Stroke Condition Forum
- Learn how to decrease your stroke risk, and look into available treatments and questions that you should ask your physician if you've just had a stroke.
HealthMed Solution: What Is Stroke?
- A review of stroke, authored by Peter Rappa, M.D., a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Explores complications, medical management, rehabilitation care plans, and further subjects of interest to survivors and their families.
- Listings for stroke education and support sites. Updated regularly.
Internet Stroke Center at Washington University
- A stroke resource for medical professionals and consumers, alike. Educational information, directories of clinical trials and stroke centers, and a calendar of major stroke conferences are among the site's many offerings.
- Link collection and personal story of Louis Albert, a diabetic and aphasic stroke survivor who has used assistive technology to create his site.
MCW HealthLink: Stroke
- News and information about stroke from the physicians of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Mayo Clinic Stroke Education
- Patient-oriented information from the Clinic's Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases. Covered topics include the physical and emotional effects of stroke and the impact of stroke on families.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor