Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association division that is dedicated to reducing the impact of stroke. The division's Web-based offerings include prevention and recovery backgrounders for consumers and treatment guidelines for professionals.
Children's Hemiplegia and Stroke Association
- Nonprofit organization, offering information and support to families of children who are living with hemiplegia, hemiparesis, and/or other aftereffects of stroke.
Hamilton-Wentworth Stroke Recovery Association
- Ontario-based organization seeking to help stroke survivors return to a full, productive life. Chapters provide information about stroke treatment and recovery, home and hospital visitation services, and remedial therapy programs.
Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Canadian organization offering healthful tips and recipes, news items related to stroke, and information on provincial resources for survivors.
INterventional Stroke Therapy Outcomes Registry (INSTOR)
- Acquiring data on outcomes of intra-arterial thrombolysis, and other interventional therapies, to optimize pharmaceuticals, devices, and techniques for acute stroke treatment.
National Heart Foundation
- American Health Assistance Foundation division, established in 1985 to fund research on and educate the public about heart disease and stroke. Site includes a stroke FAQ and articles concerning stroke symptoms and risk modification.
National Stroke Association
- Providing nonprofit services--including educational programs and community-based activities in prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation--to stroke affected families and medical professionals in the United States.
Northern Ireland Multidisciplinary Association for Stroke Teams
- Professional organization offering patient- and physician-oriented stroke resources, such as answers to frequently asked questions, reviews of treatment and prevention research, and continuing medical education.
Pediatric Stroke Network
- Information and support for families who are dealing with stroke in infancy, childhood, or adolescence. PSN's highlights include traditional and alternative therapy links, a message board and mailing list for young survivors, and complementary forums for parents.
Peninsula Stroke Association
- A not-for-profit organization serving Californians in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. Site offers answers to common questions about stroke and listings for community resources, volunteer opportunities, and related Web pages.
Stroke Association of Southern California
- A nonprofit organization committed to reducing the incidence and impact of stroke in communities throughout Southern California.
The Stroke Association
- Charitable organization for stroke survivors and families in the United Kingdom.
The Stroke Group
- Dedicated to advancing acute stroke management through innovative resources, including The Stroke Interventionalist journal, Ethos Web-based stroke registry, and the "Quick & Easy" NIH Stroke Scale and Tutorial Program.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor