Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Reflective Object-Oriented OS from Sony Computer Science Lab.
- Next generation, commercial, kernel independent, all object and component based computing environment and OS that users can design to their specifications. Backend is built to run in almost any environment.
- Goal: define a framework for a new open computer system incorporating the best features of current OSs, database management systems and distributed networking. Just beginning.
- Component-based OS, runs natively on IA32 (Intel 80386+) based PCs. Uses novel protection mechanism which allows increased decomposition of OS, and unrivaled performance: protection overheads almost 1,000 times lower than standard commercial OSs.
- Grenoble Universities Integrated Distributed Environment. Object-oriented distributed OS for developing and operating distributed applications on local area networks linking workstations and servers.
- Investigating use of object-orientation, computational reflection, and metaobject protocols (MOPs) to support dynamic customizing of (system) software.
Object Oriented Operating Systems
- Like GNU project, aims to develop full OS of Free and Open Source software. Unlike GNU, it aims to build a modern system combining all new advances in computer science, not a Unix-like system. To include kernel, full developer tool suite, utilities, graphical user interface (likely Berlin). Object-oriented, fully distributed (with CORBA), etc.
PEACE: Process Execution And Communication Environment
- An OS family with truly object-oriented design developed at GMD FIRST. Emphasis: performance, configurability, portability.
- Simple, flexible, adaptable, extendable OS used to explore tradeoffs between user processes and kernel boundaries. Services provided by objects named in a per process name space. Supports parallel programming.
Tornado Operating System
- OO OS for large-scale shared-memory parallel multiprocessors. Follow on to Hurricane.
- To be a fully object oriented, distributed, preemptively multithreaded/tasked, event/message-driven system. No code yet, but interesting reading.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor