Submit a site
Quality of Service
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AgentOS: A Mobile Agent System for Ubiquitous Computing
- A new way to cope with the wide-area, large-scale ubiquitous computing environment of the near future. AgentOS home at Network Research Group, University of California, Irvine.
AgentOS: Agent-based Distributed Operating System for Mobile Networks
- Excellent basic explanations, clear arguments, well reasoned; from Crossroads, ACM student magazine.
- Software package to enhance Unix kernels (7 so far) with cluster computing abilities; the latest is open source GPL 2, and for Linux. Lets any size cluster of x86-based workstations and servers work cooperatively as if part of one system.
Network Research Group
- University of California, Irvine.
NetworkingNews.org: News worth Networking
- Computer networking news and information source for the professional. Where experts go to find anything and everything. Updated every day to keep you informed.
- Distributed operating system that provides one system image to (over) a networked cluster of workstations, research project, Berkeley, John Outerhoust group; high file system performance via client and server caching, process migration to use idle machines; testbed for research in file systems (log-structured, striped, RAID), crash recovery.
Systems Research Group, Networks and Operating Systems
- University of Cambridge, Computer Lab. Many interesting network OS oriented projects, including Nemesis OS.
- Object-based framework to implement network protocols; defines an interface that protocols use to invoke operations on one another (i.e., to send messages to and receive messages from adjacent protocols) and a collection of libraries to manipulate messages, participant addresses, events, associative memory tables (maps), threads, etc.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor