Submit a site
Access to Airwaves
Radio Industry Consolidation
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Americans for Radio Diversity
- Home of ARD: activists and supporters of community-based and micropower radio. Actively petitions the FCC to make changes; the latest radio news, email announcement list and discussion board
Balance Radio Broadcasting
- Organization of industry members concerned about consolidatikon of radio ownwership and who are attempting to return the airwaves to the public by reversing or modifying the Telcommunications Act of 1996.
Canadian Society For Independent Radio Production
- CSIRP provides various resources including workshops, newsletters, job tips, and up to date mailing list. Does advocacy and lobbying.
- Information including background, picture and audio files, about clandestine radio activities around the world.
Corporate Media Portal
- Links and articles about corporate media and low-power broadcasting alternatives.
- Radio program about news and the media from Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting
Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting
- FAIR is the national media watch group that offers well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship. FAIR seeks to invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press. We scrutinize media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints.
- Free is an archive of material about Canadian campus and community radio, micro and pirate broadcasting, and community networking.
Free Radio Berkeley
- One of original leaders in movement to establish alternative community oriented broadcasting.
National Radio Project
- Non-profit organization committed to producing and establishing distribution networks for independent radio journalism,the promotion of civic participation and greater access to media.
- Organization formed to organize campaign current policies and proposed bylaws of Pacifica Foundation.
Prometheus Radio Project
- Not-for-profit association dedicated to the democratization of the airwaves through the proliferation of non-commercial, community based, micropower stations.
- This site connects you to the movement to reclaim the airwaves for the public. Including legal micro-power radio movement and pirate radio.
Radio Free Conscience
- Web site and radio program focusing on issues in community and grassroots media, including: free/pirate radio, community radio, DIY media.
- News and information from organization opposed to current policies and actions of Pacifica Radio foundation board.
The Free Radio Network
- Information about free and pirate radio movement
The Real News Page
- Critiques centralized corporate control of public information, examines media frenzies and under-reported stories, and calls for media reform.
Third Party Radio
- A site dedicated to promoting nationwide third party broadcasting focusing on candidates and issues. Also links to other radio advocacy sites.
- Web-based radio station, a global gathering of audio refugees comprised of exiled WBAI radio producers and listeners and the Independent Media Center.
- Real Audio guide to political programs and advocacy sites.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor