News and Media
Submit a site
Access to Airwaves
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Radio's Big Bully"
- Salon online magazine series of investigative reports on Clear Channel, one of largest radio station owners.
- Archives of articles from various sources about radio consolidation from Americans for Radio Diversity.
Balance Radio Broadcasting
- Organization of industry members concerned about consolidatikon of radio ownwership and who are attempting to return the airwaves to the public by reversing or modifying the Telcommunications Act of 1996.
Clear Channel Communications
- Website of company merging with AM/FM to form one of the largest radio station ownership groups in the US. Includes releases about the merger.
Consolidation and Diversity
- Consumer advocates, media-corporation group heads clash over consolidation's effect on programming diversity. (From Radio and Records industry publication. July 1998)
Corporate Media Portal
- Links and articles about corporate media and low-power broadcasting alternatives.
Hello, I'm your DJ
- How a national media conglomerate makes 'local' radio. By Dale Smith for the Austin American-Statesman
- Article about the movement to legalize low-power grass roots radio, and broadcast corporations' effort to stop it. Author says despite broadcasters' efforts, new competitors for listeners will emerge. By Jesse Walker from Reason Magazine.
Sound and Fury
- An in-depth history and commentary criticval of the effects of deregulation and corporation control of radio. Includes proposals for reform. By Dan Kennedy, media columnist for Boston Phoenix.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor