Submit a site
KPFA Crisis in the Media
Pacifica Crisis in the Media
WBAI Crisis in the Media
KPFK Los Angeles, CA
WBAI New York, NY
KPFT Houston, TX
WPFW Washington, D.C.
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
'Democracy Now!' Archive
- Archive of past shows. Currently Pacifica only re-broadcasts old programs and refuses to air current issues. From 1997 to 2001.
A Flood of Letters to Save Pacifica
- Site to rebuild Pacifica Foundation so it returns to its democratic, community roots. Features a unique letter-writing system and other activism links.
AFTRA Statement on 'Democracy Now!'
- AFTRA has notified Pacifica that it is no longer satisfied that the WBAI studios are a safe and appropriate working environment for the 'Democracy Now!' staff.
Amy Goodman and the East Timor Massacre
- Pacifica's 'Democracy Now!' and its host Amy Goodman are under attack in a campaign of innuendo about her accounts on East Timor and the Santa Cruz massacre. This page contains statements and info defending her work.
Boycott Pacifica: Juan Gonzales Statement On "Democracy Now!"
- Transcript of on-air resignation and call for a Pacifica fundraising boycott by co-host of Pacifica's "Democracy Now" Juan Gonzalez.
Campaign to Reclaim Pacifica/Media Alliance
- Information about the media activism concerning Pacifica by the Media Alliance.
Censored Broadcast of Democracy Now!
- Audio of live broadcast featuring D. Bernstein, released from jail after his arrest at KPFA, Pacifica is said to refuse further access to this show.
Committee to Remove the Pacifica Board
- A lawsuit by the Committee seeks to remove the members of the Pacifica National Board. Updates on legal action.
- Home Page of Amy Goodman's Pacifica Radio Network show. Amy Goodman has claimed harassment by Pacifica and the show has been repeatedly censored by Pacifica.
Democracy Now! Hijacked by Bessie Wash
- Read what peaceful free speech radio activists have to say about violence as alleged by the Pacifica Foundation.
Electronic Frontier Foundation: Open Letter to Pacifica
- EFF letter to Pacifica Foundation board, criticizing Pacifica's attempt to silence critics by taking away their domain names.
FAIR Resources: Pacifica Radio
- Statements, articles and broadcasts on the Pacifica Radio from Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting, the national media watch group.
Free Pacifica Radio
- Promoting the return of democratic control to the Pacifica Foundation. Contains a large collection of files detailing the Pacifica Crisis.
Free Pacifica: Links to Photos from Around the Nation
- Photos from the struggle against Pacifica.
Free Speech Radio News
- Free Speech Radio News is a production of Pacifica Reporters Against Censorship who are on strike against Pacifica Network News for censorship of legitimate news stories. Contains archive.
Gag-Free Pacifica Report
- Internet radio program. Dedicated to save the Pacifica Network from moving away from it's original mission and to stop the takeover and illegal activities by it's board.
KOOP-FM Takes a Stand in Support of Pacifica Workers
- Resolution after Pacifica threats that it would no longer allow KOOP to air it's news. KOOP was first to air union-busting disclaimers before Pacifica Programs.
Labor and Pacifica
- Labornet information on the controversies around the Pacifica Radio Network. Includes sections on stations KPFA and WBAI.
Letter from Democracy Now Host Amy Goodman to the Pacifica Foundation
- A. Goodman responds to what amounts to a crackdown and continued harassment and details the recent conflicts with Pacifica executives.
Lew Hill: The Lost Reports to the Listener
- Lewis Hill is recognized as the founder of listener-supported broadcasting in the United States as well as Pacifica. Report excerpts from 1950 to 1952.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor