Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Newsletter and free printable reading comprehension pages for ages K-8 developed by teachers.
America Reads Challenge
- Program seeks to have every American child reading well and independently by the end of 3rd grade. Site includes directory of program participants, resource kit, and information on getting involved.
Books That Changed Your World
- Includes reviews of fiction and nonfiction written by and for high school students.
Booktalks -- Quick and Simple
- Database of over 600 ready-to-use booktalks. Designed for K-12 teachers and librarians.
- Provides free phonics lesson to teachers and parents. Material may be used with students who have dyslexia.
- Standards-based, teacher-designed, Web-searching and writing/reading activities for K-12 students; based on core literature.
- Identifies strategies and resources to help children become better readers, writers, and learners.
KidReach Online Reading Center
- Includes lesson plans, anticipation guides, and live chat about teaching reading.
Mrs. ABC's Spelling and Phonics Curriculum
- Interactive site helps students learn spelling, phonics, alphabetical order, rhyming, punctuation and capitalization. Requires free registration.
Nerd World: Education - Literature
- Links related to the teaching of literature.
Not Another Inservice
- Information for guided reading, shared reading, writer's workshop, balanced literacy, centers, phonemic awareness, and literature circles.
Raising a Reader
- Presents tips for parents who wish to raise a child who not only can read, but will love reading for a lifetime.
- Includes weekly worksheets for upper elementary and middle school levels.
- The official site for the PBS program starring LeVar Burton. Features detailed program descriptions, activity suggestions, kids games, and a broadcast schedule.
Reading Reform Foundation
- Includes online newsletters, subscription information, and links.
Reading and Language Arts Resources on the Web
- Annotated directory of some 200 sites on phonics, whole language, lesson plans, and reading research.
- The place where teachers can turn to find ready to go units, as well as information about reading and learning with other teachers. Lesson plans are ready to go in your classroom.
Rhode Island READS
- Statewide program utilizes AmeriCorps*VISTA workers and other volunteers to increase literacy among children, and promote and support literacy programs.
Speed Reading Self-Pacing Methods
- By Dennis Doyle - Glendale Community College. Provides simple motion techniques to increase reading speed.
Succeed to Read
- Provides tips and techniques parents and teachers can use to teach children how to read.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor