Submit a site
Lesson Plans and Reproducibles
English as a Second Language
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Complete TOEFL, TSE and IELTS Preparation Service
- ESL Seminars has been successfully preparing students and professionals to pass the TOEFL, Test of Spoken English (TSE), and the IELTS since 1998. FREE voice analysis and FREE one-to-one tutoring.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Activities to Help Your Child Learn to Write
- Activities to help parents teach their children to write well.
- Word of the Day, Quote of the Week, and several word games. In addition, there is a question form to Ask the Experts and receive the Final Word on English language questions.
- Offers articles related to reading and writing instruction, as well as inspirational readings to motivate teachers.
Building Cathedrals: Finding the Oasis in the Writing Desert
- Provides basic architecture and examples of writing forms in the writing process.
Building Cathedrals: Navigating the Reading Sea
- Instructional strategies to improve secondary students' reading.
Children's Literature and Language Arts Resources Menu Page
- Resources on books and reading, elementary and middle school curricula, literary enrichment activities, lesson plans and other curriculum support.
Course Materials on ERIC Clearinghouse
- Links to educational materials, services, and coursework aimed mostly at primary and secondary students and teachers.
DarylCagle's Pro Cartoonists Index
- English, journalism, social science, and art lesson plans based on editorial cartoons which have appeared in U.S. newspapers. Resources for all grade levels.
Davis School District Language Arts Site
- Links to categories such as research, literature, grammar, writing, reading, and lesson plans as well as course descriptions and standards.
- Click on the "Literature and Language Arts" text to access numerous resources from the Academy of American Poets through Women of the West Museum as well as lesson plans and activities.
ERIC Clearinghouse on Reading, English, and Communication
- Provides educational materials, services, and coursework related to reading, English, writing, and the language arts.
English/Language Arts Education - Michigan Teacher Network
- Offers K-12 language arts teachers 350+ reviews of Web resources correlated to Michigan curriculum standards, including reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, speech, journalism, and literature.
- Student-generated essays on various works.
Global Access to Educational Sources - Language Arts
- Contains links to a variety of online resources on literature, writing, and grammar. Sites are geared toward children and children's literature.
- Resources for English/Language Arts teachers, K-12 teachers, students, and parents.
- Annotated links to English resources online.
- Links to lesson plans, textbook publishers' resources, and creative writing.
Language Arts - High School
- Mini-lessons for high school (9-12).
Language and Literacy Environments in Preschools
- ERIC Digest discusses the research on preschool literacy environments and their contributions to reading skills development.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor