Submit a site
Conditionals and Entailment
Contradiction and Inconsistency
Problem of Induction
Semantics of Logic
Logic and Knowledge
Logic and Ontology
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Article in the Stanford Encylcopaedia of Philosophy, entitled `Frege's Logic, Theorem, and Foundations for Arithmetic'. Discusses the 1980 discovery of Crispin Wright that Frege's work of the Grundgesetze can be carried out in second-order logic with Hume's principle.
- An online textbook by Garth Kemerling, explaining the basic elements of elementary logic at an undergraduate level.
Logic and Mathematics
- Essay on the nature of logic and its relationship to the philosophy of mathematics, written by Stephen G. Simpson.
Nordic Journal of Philosophical Logic
- All articles available online.
- Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia.
- Introductory article by E. J. Loewe.
- Online resources provided to supplement undergraduate course taught by Peter Suber. Good collection of handouts.
The Troublesome Paradox
- Online version of book seeking publication by Per Lundgren. Author attempts to argue that a consequence of Goedel's incompleteness theorem is that we should overturn our current approach to scientific method.
Why Aristotelian Logic does not Work
- An essay at Abelard.org outlining an argument against Aristotelian syllogistic. The argument focusses upon the relationship between Aristotle's categories and his conception of being, attacking them from an idealist position drawing upon Brouwerian intuitionism and some Zen philosophy.
`Fregean' Logic and `Russellian' Logic
- Article by Jaroslav Peregrin which asks the big questions: `What is logic?' and `Which is the best approach to logic?' Develops Frege's ideas clearly and makes a strong case that he was on the right lines.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor