Philosophy of Language
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Wittgensteinian Approach to Discourse Analysis
- This essay seeks to take Wittgenstein's influence on discourse analysis a step further by using his writings as the theoretical foundation for an approach to analyzing discourse.
- Introduction by Deborah Tannen.
Discourse: Patterns of Complex Adaptation
- The dynamics of conversation in a learning community as a special case of complex adaptive systems.
Dynamic Semantics with Choice Functions
- Article by Jaroslav Peregrin and Klaus von Heusinger.
Education Issues- Discourse
- The impact of discourse patterns, particularly teacher-student interaction, in the education of female students.
Interpretation and Indeterminancy in Discourse Analysis
- Article by Steven Hoenisch.
Reference Form and Discourse Patterns
- An examination of the activation of representations and a speaker's choice of reference form.
Social Significance Of Patterns Of Questioning In Classroom Discourse
- Article by Sarah Hickman discussing what educators need to know about patterns of classroom discourse, to best appraise the needs of their students.
What is meant by Discourse Analysis?
- Introductory article by Stef Slembrouck. Mostly from a socio-linguistic perspective, but sensitive to philosophy of language.
Widening the Lens of Language and Gender Research: Integrating Critical Discourse Analysis and Cultural Practice Theory
- The application of critical discourse analysis and cultural practice theory to the study of gender and language.
- Article by Michael Peters and Nicholas Burbules, discussing the nature of philosophy as a discourse. The article begins with a discussion of the petition against Derrida's honorary degree at Cambridge.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor