Submit a site
Academic Departments and Groups
Language and Thought
Language and World
Metaphor and Narrative
The Linguistic Turn
Nature of Meaning
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
A Modern Thinker
- Explore meaning in life and the way that consciousness makes sense of reality. The philosophy ranges over psychology, science, beliefs, language, semiology, metaphysics and philosophical idealism.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Conditions on Understanding Language
- Article by Ernest Lepore. Discusses the nature of language competence.
Philosophy of Language in Classical China
- Historical overview by Chad Hansen of interpretations of language in the major schools of philosophical thought in classical China (up to the Han dynasty).
Philosophy of Language, World Congress Papers
- Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of Philosophy, held at Boston University in 1998. Archive of contributed papers in the subject area of Philosophy of Language. Provided by The Paideia Archive.
Pragmatism and the Philosophy of Language
- Wide-ranging article by Danielle MacBeth. From the Wilfrid Sellars' archive.
Review of Michael Beaney's `Frege: Making Sense'
- By Mitchell Green, to appear in Mind.
Structural Linguistics and Formal Semantics
- Article by Jaroslav Peregrin, discussing to what extent Chomsky's views displace Saussure's.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor