Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Mary Jo's Homepage
- This site has helpful information and many links on subjects like child abuse and bipolar disorder (manic depression)
McLean Researchers Document Brain Damage Linked to Child Abuse and Neglect
- Four types of brain abnormalities linked to child abuse and neglect, providing the first comprehensive review about the multiple ways in which abuse can damage the developing brain
Men Against Domestic Violence
- Resources and information in the Santa Barbara, CA Area.
Men Stopping Violence
- MSV is an organization dedicated to ending violence against women. Our focus is to stop battering, and it is our intention to work toward ending rape and incest.
Mental Health Services for Children Who Witness Domestic Violence
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation:In the past decade, a growing body of empirical research has demonstrated that exposure to domestic violence deleteriously affects children's social, emotional, and cognitive development. (Adobe Reader needed.)
Ministry of Women's Equality - Children Who Witness Abuse Programs
- Services in British Columbia
Model Initiatives Linking Domestic Violence and Child Welfare
- Child Protection Clearinghouse
- Relates one woman's experiences growing up with a mentally-ill father, who is now serving a life without parole sentence in the state of Oklahoma for murdering her step-mother.
Myth of False Sexual Abuse Allegations in Divorce
- Studies show that between 6 and 62 percent of females and 3 to 30 percent of males have had a sexual abuse experience before age 18. Article by Merrilyn McDonald explores the issue of claims of false allegations.
NCIPC List of Fact Sheets
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control's comprehensive list
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Official site for current information on Missing and Exploited Children, search for missing children, view wanted posters, submit child "sightings", and additional information.
National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information
- A service of the Children's Bureau, Washington, DC
National Clearinghouse on Family Violence
No To Violence Male Family Violence Prevention Association
- No To Violence (NTV), the Male Family Violence Prevention Association Inc., is a peak organisation of individuals and agencies working for the prevention of male family violence. The specific focus is work with men to assist them to change and end their violent behaviour.
Nonviolent Alternatives Counseling
- Counseling service in Central Indiana.
Not to People Like Us
- Dr. Susan Weitzman explores a heretofore overlooked population of battered wives--the highly-educated and upper-income women.
Our Endangered Species: A Hard Look At How We Treat Children
- Discussion about child abuse in our communities by author Andrew Vachss.
- Effects of Partner Violence on Children
Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Protection From Abuse client education page. About Maine's Protection From Abuse law as well as links to other Maine sites
Project No Spank
- From Parents and Teachers against Violence in Education, PTAVE, a nonprofit organization advocating for the fundamental right of all children to grow and learn in environments that are without violence and for their legal protection against assault and battery by anyone.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor