Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Domestic Violence Home Page
- The American Bar Association's web site for domestic violence issues. Information for attorneys and survivors. Contains information on protecting privacy for survivors during and after divorce.
Domestic Violence and Abuse Issues
- Net resources in many aspects of domestic violence and sexual abuse (from about.com).
- The home page for Victims and Survivors of domestic violence. Hiding In The Closet, No More! can be found at this site.
EMERGE: Counseling and Education to Stop Domestic Violence
- First counseling program in the nation for men who batter. Offers batterer counseling, support referrals for families, training courses and materials for counselors and educators.
Easton Alliance for the Prevention of Family Violence
- In Canada, a provider of support programming for adult male victims of family violence
Evaluation of Physical Abuse in Children - May 15, 2000 - American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Family Research Laboratory
- The Family Research Laboratory (FRL) is an independent research unit devoted to the study of family problems. It is one of the few tertiary institutions that investigates Domestic Violence in an unbiased manner -- unintimidated by the dark forces of Political Correctness.
Family Violence Department of the National Council of Juvenille and Family Court Judges
- dedicated to improving the way courts, law enforcement, agencies and others respond to family violence, with the ultimate goal of improving the lives of domestic violence victims and their children.
Family Violence Prevention Initiative Home Page
- Halifax, Novia Scotia
Family Violence Prevention Services
- Through a unique family intervention approach, this program attempts to stop family violence.
Family Violence Program, South Carolina
- Links to South Caroline information and Family Violence resources.
- A site about help for a preventing domestic violence. Hotlines, pictures of missing children, and other resources.
Identification of Domestic Violence in the Community Pediatric Setting: Need to Protect Mothers and Children
- Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 154;431-433, May 2000, Identification of Domestic Violence in the Community Pediatric Setting: Need to Protect Mothers and Children, Rosalind J. Wright, MD, MPH
In Harm's Way: Domestic Violence and Child Maltreatment
- This report focuses on the effects of domestic violence on children, including those who are witnesses to this violence and those who also are being abused or neglected.
Incubated in Terror:
- Neurodevelopmental Factors in the 'Cycle of Violence' by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D. The Child Trauma Programs: A Partnership of: Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital
Initiatives to Combat Child Abuse
- Department of Justice site describes grant-funded efforts by communities to create and adopt locally responsive approaches that encourage collaboration among all sectors, including victim service providers, victims' advocates, law enforcement authorities, health care providers, and community organizations representing educators, businesses, and others involved in the fight to end child abuse.
Intergenerational Transmission of Spouse Abuse - A Meta-Analysis
- Article in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
Islanders' Guide to the Victims of Family Violence Act (Canada
- Community Legal Information Association of Prince Edward Island
Limits and risks of programs for wife batterers
- Critique of batterer treatment programs.
MN: Harriet Tubman Center
- Based in Minneapolis. Addresses dating and domestic violence prevention. Provides a variety of support programs.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor