Submit a site
Bias and Balance
Freedom of the Press
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Rogue States", by Noam Chomsky
- Now that the Cold War is over, the US military and media have pinpointed a new bugbear - "Rogue States". This is a highly elastic term. Chomsky points out that, if one looks at this honestly, the US and UK are in fact themselves Rogue States.
- Critiques the media, promotes media activism, and calls for media reform
- Alleges anti-Israeli bias by the corporation in its media coverage of the Arab-Israel conflict. With articles, who's who and monitoring forms.
Center for Media and Democracy
- A nonprofit, public interest organization dedicated to investigative reporting on the public relations industry.
- New and archived commentary by dissident critic of media and corporate power.
- Book by Arthur Rowse, "blows the whistle on rating-chasing predators that who have turned a sacred obligation to educate and inform into a race to exploit the First Amendment for commercial gain." Common Courage Press.
Fear & Favor 2000
- FAIR's first annual report on how the powerful shape the news.
Fox-BGH Alleged Cover-up
- In a successful lawsuit, journalists fired at FOX-owned WTVT Channel 13 in Tampa for refusing orders to hide the dangers of a big advertiser (Monsanto), won a substantial cash settlement.
- RealVideo copy of an ABC pilot show made by Australia's John Safran that criticises the media and news reporting. Satirically styled, it includes 'tips' on how to get on the nightly news, how to get a music video on Rage and how to get a movie onto the video shelves.
Objectivity Missing in Today's Media
- Opinion article discussing why American's should be aware of major media corporation mergers; presented by Wake America.
State of the American Newspaper
- Special report from American Journalism Review about effects of consolidation and other trends on newspapers as businesses and their role in serving the public interest.
Studying the Media
- Is the media really so free in a democracy like the United States or is it constrained by the interests of corporations? In this talk Noam Chomsky provides an analysis of self-imposed, often unconscious, media censorship.
The Journalism and Films of John Pilger
- International human rights abuses committed and aided by the West, especially the UNs sanctions against Iraq, are detailed in the largest John Pilger online archive.
Treasure State Review
- Montana periodical devoted to journalism and justice that is published and edited by Nathaniel Blumberg of WoodFIREAshes Press.
When Is News NOT News?
- Commentary by petitecute on the ratings-led changes in US TV news broadcasting.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor