Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Active Free Media
- develops and moves media in a way that seeks to create breakthroughs in culture and society. Partnering with urban youth, artists, and activists, we are seeking to be a new form of media network
Campaign for Press and Broadcasting Freedom
- Coalition of community and labour groups concerned about media ownership concentration in Canada.
- Watchdog of the conservative Internet media, counterspinning sites like NewsMax and WorldNetDaily.
- Net-based commentary by a constitutional law expert which points out unlawful police tactics routinely captured on Cops.
- Mobilization to Protest the Democratic National Convention 2000 in Los Angeles. This is the beginning of the politics of the new millennium. We invite community, labor, and youth to be present.
Free Speech Internet Television
- You can make a video about your alternative viewpoint, and these kind folks will provide a web server for it, or you can watch other people's videos. This site is filled to the brim with cool stuff!
Fresh Green Blog
- Breaking News on Green Issues: battles against globalization and corporate-state-controlled media.
Green Media Watch
- Green Media Watch is a pure citizen action initiative, conceived, developed, and sustained by its founders and its membership. This effort is affiliated in no way with any political party, with no business interest, and with no government agenecy.
Holding Hollywood Accountable
- Aims to rally support for voluntary entertainment industry accountability in the wake of school violence and other disturbing social trends.
Independent Media Center
- Also known as IndyMedia, an international grassroots news network covering politics, economy,labor and other issues from progressive activist perspective. Includes local and regional IndyMedia sites.
Independent Media Center Belgium
- The Independent Media Center is a network of collectively run media outlets for the creation of radical, objective, and passionate tellings of the truth.
Independent Media Center of Philadelphia
- Alternative activist news coverage of events in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania.
Independent Media Center, Los Angeles
- The Independent Media Center in Los Angeles was formed to cover the Democratic National Convention Protests in August 2000.
- Independent media center for San Francisco Bay Area.
Jean Kilbourne's Lecture Schedule
- Activist on media and advertising offers regular presentations in the U.S.
Media Alliance, San Francisco, CA
- Media Activism, watchdog, and service organization in San Francisco. Annual awards and critiques; classes on writing and computer skills; JobFile; medical insurance; long-distance phone service; other services.
Media Ed Videotapes
- MEF Video Catalog has descriptions and items for sale of presentations of numerous, well known activists.
Media Education Foundation
- A nonprofit organization that produces educational videos and study guides which go against the grain of conventional and corporate myths.
National Center for Accessible Media
- Research and development facility that works to make media accessible to disabled persons, minority-language users, and people with low literacy skills.
- Through art, questions the ways we live, build and consume. Materialism, rampant consumption, the over-marketing of America, the numbing of emotions by popular media, an over-accelerated, over-worked existence caused by too much information, too many means of communication and an overly mobile lifestyle that prevents the development of any sort of community...
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor