Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A New Approach to Covering Crime
- Explores how newspapers can more effectively address the issue of violence. From the Nieman Foundation.
- Questions and satirizes negative and demeaning images of women in society.
Casandre Cohn - Essay
- An in-class essay on Media Violence asking the question: Does Media cause violence in our society?
Center For Media Education
- The Center for Media Education (CME) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of the electronic media, especially for families.
Children and TV Violence
- Reviews studies on the affect of TV violence on children.
- Contends that Rolling Stone's glam-crime reports misrepresent young people--and America's violence problem.
Facts About Media Violence and Effects on the American Family
- Research data tracking television viewing habits and behavior patterns, population/homicide rate data, cartoon violence, video games, internet, music, lyrics and potential adverse effects of excessive exposure to media.
Fighting Media Violence
- An article from Families.Com on combatting media violence in the home.
Influence of Rock Music and Videos on Young People
- Centre for Adolescent Health Fact Sheet about the ability of children to assess the reality status of television programmes.
Marketing Violence to Kids
- Introduces government of whether producers of violent or adult music, movies and video games are targeting kids in their advertisements.
Marketing Violent Entertainment to Children
- Federal Trade Commission report regarding the marketing of violent materials to children by the industries of motion picture, recording, and electronic games.
Media Awareness Network
- Offering practical support for media education in the home, school and community and provides information and "food for thought" on the media culture.
Media Violence and Media Literacy
- An article from the American Academy of Pediatrics: Some Things You Should Know About Media Violence and Media Literacy.
- Information at this site about membership in MediaWatch, using the media effectively to promote issues of interest, talking to children about violence and sexism in the media, and a wealth of other useful resources.
MediaChannel.org: Media Mayhem
- Debates whether violent media creates a violent culture or whether society avoids its real problems by blaming the media.
MediaForum (Formerly MediaNet)
- The site includes the research, policy and opinion documents to inform users about social, economic and policy factors around media's influence in the lives of children and families.
Student Safety on the Information Highway.
- Detailed articles for teens and children about issues and ways to handle problems on the internet.
TV News and the Culture of Violence
- Examines the role television news plays in an increasingly violent society. From Rocky Mountain Media Watch.
Ten Things Wrong With the Media 'Effects' Model
- Chapter of a book, written by Dr David Gauntlett of the University of Leeds, criticising studies of media effects. [Legally reproduced on the Web by the author].
The American Coalition for Violent Media
- An organization devoted to the protection of violent and controversial media.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor