Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ART-ACT - Anti-Racist T-shirt Art Contest Tour
- "By building an international anti-racist t-shirt art exhibit on the Internet we intend to give expression to work that confronts hate on-line and though the t-shirts that result - in real communities. You make this work." Also has a petition to sign.
Act Now Productions
- Helps non-profit groups put their message on the internet.
- Connects you with the policymakers who shape your world. With a single click, you can weigh in when it counts, sending key messages to policymakers before they make their decisions.
Consolidation for Social Awareness and Responsibility
- Established to call attention to the plight of the homeless in Toronto, this site has prewritten letters for one to send to several different Canadian people of influence.
- An attempt to create a network of low cost and licence exempt wireless IP systems to reduce connectivity costs and promote common ownership.
- Aspires to give people "information, opinions, and ways to talk back." Right now it features the Yucca Mountain Project, which involves burying radioactive waste within this mountain in Nevada.
Digital Freedom Network
- DFN promotes human rights around the world by developing new methods of activism with Internet technology and by providing an online voice to those attacked for expressing themselves.
- What's an "earthsmartcar"? Find out at the Natural Resources Defense Council's site, and sign their online petition urging Detroit to produce environmentally-friendly hybrid cars.
- Global Response members of all ages and nationalities join with communities worldwide to stop environmental destruction through effective citizen letter campaigns
Just Say No To Individuality
- Just a short and to-the-point message for individualism, and a guestbook to sign.
- Exposes computer vote fraud and imprecise election practices.
Online Activism Tips and Suggestions
- Legal issues and practices to consider before organizing people to engage in online activism on behalf of a cause, and useful resources for online activism.
People's Global Action Against 'Free' Trade and the WTO
- A network of some of the largest social movements on the planet (including the Zapatistas, MST (Brazil), and the Indian Karnataka State Farmers' Association), this site is a clearing house for resistance and struggle against globalisation in all its forms.
- "Encourages and enables foundations, advocacy groups, and leading activists to use technology to achieve their goals, to increase participation from interested constituencies, and achieve change more quickly than by traditional organizing and advocacy methods alone."
The APC Betinho Communications Prize
- $7,500 prize which will be awarded to an NGO, social movement, activist group or other which is using the Internet to make a real difference.
The Armchair Activist
- Provides opportunities to make a difference from your own comfy chair. Get involved in politics, activism, environmental protection, fighting for equality right from your computer with the Armchair Activist.
The Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
- Global Internet community for Environment, Human Rights, Development & Peace. An extensive network of Internet providers (spanning 25 countries) dedicated to serving non-governmental organisations and citizen activists.
- Information on political prisoners, protests, civil rights, labor rights, globalization and the antiwar movement, with online action alerts, petitions and organizing with and against public officials.
- An activist bulletin board seeking to get conservatives elected at all levels of government, to promote conservative issues and values, and to defend the US Constitution.
Urgency Internet Action Center
- Contains action alerts for progressive activists on a variety of issues. Allows users to discuss and submit their own calls to action.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor