Submit a site
Andre the Giant Has a Posse
Pepsi Shirt on Coke Day
Kill the Dot
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
- 9Monkeys is an enviromental activist group, we got a message to deliver and we deliver it. Got lots of cool stickers.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abrupt Culture Jamming
- For 10 years, Abrupt has been culture-jamming with manifestos, ad parodies, and radical pamphleteering.
Adbusters Culture Jammers Headquarters
- Vancouver based anti-consumerist magazine Adbusters. Famous for their spoof ads.
Anti Commercial Culture Ring
- "We are disgusted that all the sixties really accomplished in the long run is The Spice Girls."
Baltimore City Paper: Gear Jammers
- Article about the "sweatshop" Nike ID and Mike "Pepsi Boy" Cameron. By Joab Jackson.
- Urban guerilla artfare.
Billionaires for Bush (or Gore)
- Because inequality is not growing fast enough.
Blimp: At Play in the Media Scrapheap - "Sonic Outlaws" by Craig Baldwin
- [English w/German summary] by Jesse Lerner
- A randomly gathered network of individuals united in the pursuit of experiences beyond the pale of mainstream society through subversion, pranks, art, fringe explorations and meaningless madness.
Culture Jammer's Encyclopedia
- Well-written introduction to culture jamming in its many forms, with pictures and many links.
Culture Jamming: Hacking, Slashing and Sniping in the Empire of Signs
- Full text of the culture jamming manifesto by Mark Dery, popularizer of the term "culture jamming"
Culture Jamming: Spoof Web Ads
- "Banner-jamming" site includes instructions on how to create spoof ad banners and a couple of examples.
- [German, English, Dutch]
- Anti-copyright collective of musicians using samples from popular culture to create challenging and subversive audio collage, which they freely distribute. Information about fair use and copyright issues in music, along with free MP3 downloads.
Electronic Civil Disobedience
- Archive for the Electronic Disturbance Theater, a "hacktivism" RealAudio program. Organizers of Jam Echelon Day, among other events.
Enjoy the Sign
- A funny, provocative movie about the filmmakers' obsession -- framed perversely as a series of TV commercials -- with a shining emblem of modern culture, The Sign.
- Boston-art culture jammer who turned a shopping cart into an anti-commercialist projection booth/deprograming unit. Site includes an online game.
- Essay about anti-memes and the anti-meme movement by Stephen Downes.
- Specializes in 'consumable simulacra'. "Why buy the product, when you can buy the idea? Buy the hype."
- An opening onto the fraudulent reality; material ranges from global art-movement coverage to experimental fiction to corporate subversion.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor