Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
Semantics of Logic
Semantics and Pragmatics
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Semantics for Durative Adverbials
- Article by Cristopher Piñón.
Approaching Natural Language Via Mediaeval Logic
- Article by Gyula Klima.
Concepts in the Lexicon
- Report by John F. Sowa, discussing the role of the lexicon in conceptual knowledge.
Gesellschaft fuer Semantik
- English homepage of the young academic organisation concered with the semantics of natural languages. Organises the Sinn und Bedeutung workshop and the SEMANTIK mailing list.
Layers in the Determiner Phrase
- PhD thesis by Roberto Zamparelli, with extensive supporting material, and a facility to send online feedback. Investigates semantic parallels to syntactic arguments for Szabolcsi and Abney's `DP-hypothesis'.
Logical Form in Linguistics
- Entry in the MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Sciences, by Robert May.
Review of `Conceptions of Logical Form'
- By Robert May, discussing the book by E. Lepore and K. Ludwig.
Review of `From Discourse to Logic'
- Review by Varol Akman of the book by Hans Kamp and Uwe Reyle.
Review of `Linguistic Semantics: An Introduction'
- Published review by Jarol Akman of John Lyon's book.
Review of `Type Logical Grammar'
- Review by Jaroslav Peregrin of Glyn V. Morrill's book.
SEMANTIK mailing list
- Majordomo based mailing list for semantics organised by the Gesellschaft fuer Semantik.
The Formal Approach to Meaning
- Short survey of semantics of natural language by Barbara Abbott, at University of Michigan. Focusses upon Montague semantics, and tries to give a feel for the main open problems in the field.
The Four Basic Ontologies of Semantic Interpretation
- Article by Roland Hausser comparing approaches to semantics between linguistics, philosophy and computer science, and classifying them into four kinds depending upon whether or not they are realist, and whether or not they make a sense/reference distinction.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor