Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
Prior, Arthur Norman
Grice, Herbert Paul
Humboldt, K. Wilhelm von and F. W. H. Alexander von
Jackendoff, Ray S.
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Michigan State University - Interested in semantics and pragmatics of language. Holds a joint appointment in linguistics and philosophy.
- Homepage of field linguist. Wide range of resources on theoretical and practical aspects of language.
- Stanford University - Interested in semantics, pragmatics, and more specifically presupposition and dynamic semantics.
Calvin Fast Wolf
- Tutor at the Lakota Language and Culture Center.
- Göteborg University - Computational linguist interested in situation semantics and Montague grammars.
- Rice University-Professor of linguistics.
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology - Researcher in knowledge science interested in semantics of natural language in general, and situation semantics in specific.
- University of Nijmegen - Interested in semantics of natural language, especially presuppositions and Dynamic Logic.
- University of Arizona - Interest are syntax, lexical semantics and morphology.
Jusczyk, Peter W.
- John Hopkins University - Infant language perception, first language acquisition, phonology and prosody.
- Kings College, London - Principally interested in formal approaches to the syntax-semantics-pragmatics interface. Joint originator, with Dov Gabbay, of the Labelled Deductive System for Natural Language Understanding.
King, Alan R.
- Freelance researcher - Homepage includes extensive data on languages, and incorporates `The Modal Project'.
- Personal site of a scholar in ancient scripts and languages, including ancient Egyptian, Akkadian, the Amarna Letters, and northwest Semitic languages.
- University of Texas at Austin - Interested in semantics and interrogatives.
- University of Pennsylvania - Change in language and dialect, sociolinguistics. Principal investigator of the Phonological Atlas of North America, a massive survey of phonetic variation across the USA.
- Professor at Ersta and Sköndal University College, Stockholm. Principally interested in Slavic languages and Old Russian.
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Research and teaching in general and applied phonetics, general and applied linguistics, speech technologies and spoken language resources.
- Web-based language learning.
- Experienced field linguist (nickname `Jungle Bob') and computational linguist.
- University of Utrecht - Interested in dynamic semantics, generalized quantifiers theory, plurals, reflexives, reciprocals, NP-typology, and mereology.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor