Submit a site
Textiles and Nonwovens
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A History of Money
- A general review of the historical development of coinage.
Abstracts in the History of Economics
- Service for designed for economic historians to share information about their works.
Accounting: A Virtual History
- An illustrated, annotated history of the accounting profession, from the professional organization which represents the interests of chartered accountants working in the United States.
After Spindletop, Everything Changed
- Brief history of the Lucas gusher at Spindletop, the well that began the oil boom in the U.S.
BPubs.com - Economic History Publications
- A collection of business articles related to Economic History.
Banknotes of Different Countries (In Past and Now)
- Images of currency of Ukraine, Austria, Brasil, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Yugoslavia, USA, Greece, Singapore, and other countries.
Beyond Face Value - Depictions of Slavery in Confederate Currency
- Online exhibit focusing on slavery depicted in money notes issued and circulated in the South during the Antebellum, Civil War, and Reconstruction Era.
- These chronologies, prepared by Barclays Bank Economics Dept., cover national (UK) and international events of significance to the economy, and run from the last quarter of 1997 through to the present. They will be updated quarterly. There are also pages available that give the key facts from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
Brain Bank - The Oldest Companies
- The ten oldest companies in the U.S. by Rank.
- Large resource of histories and stories of American business, including audio and video archives, academic and corporate articles, and "fun facts."
Business History Bibliography
- A categorized and annotated list of selected cross discipline information sources for doing research on the history of business. Prepared by the University of Maryland Libraries.
Business History Centre
- Specializes in business writing, with a focus on professional, corporate and industrial history.
Business History On-Line
- H-Business is an on-line newsletter for the Business History Conference.
Business History Review
- A quarterly journal of original research by leading historians, economists, sociologists, and scholars of business administration. Each issue typically contains four refereed articles and between twenty-five and forty book reviews.
- Studying the classics and great books in the context of the history of business.
Celebrating the Birth of Texas Oil
- Article about the discovery of oil Texas, the development of the oil industry and its economic impact in the early 20th century.
Center for International Business History, University of Reading
- News about business history research and information about the center.
Charles Dow, the History of the Dow Jones Averages, Dow Jones Averages Chronology 1884 - 1995
- How Charles Dow devised the now famous stock averages known as the Dow Jones Averages, and a chronology of their activity from 1884 to 1995.
Costs and Wages in Great Britain
- Shows what a pence, shilling, pound, etc was actually worth throughout the history of Great Britain.
Current Value of Old Money
- Links to inflation statistics, price indexes, and sources of data on changes in the value of money.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor