Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AMASE - Astrophysics Multi-spectral Archive Search Engine
- An online astrophysics catalog developed using object-oriented database technology to help researchers locate multi-mission data in the NASA archives.
- E-Print archive since April of 1992.
Cambridge X-Ray Astronomy Group
- Overview of the techniques and objects in X-ray astronomy.
Cause of the Characteristics of Quasars
- Hypothesis which attempts to explain the characteristics of QSOs (Quasi-Steller Objects), a.k.a. quasars, as optical illusions created by gravitational lensing and other phenomena.
Gravity is Cool, or, Why our Universe is Hospitable to Life
- Text of the 1999 Oppenheimer lecture at UC Berkeley given by professor Freeman Dyson on the origin of life and other subjects.
- Site devoted to hyperspatial theories.
NASA Astrophysics Data System
- Search system for abstracts in astrophysics, planetary sciences and solar physics.
- Generates astrophysical reaction rates online using an extended database.
Nuclear Astrophysics Data
- A collaborative working group facilitating the dissemination of data for nuclear astrophysics.
On the Formation of Planetary Rings
- Paper presented in 1996 by L. A. Molnar and D. E. Dunn.
Physics 208 - Introduction to Astrophysics
- Course offered via The Electronic University, an educational outreach server at the University of Oregon.
Solar System - Celestial Mechanics
- Presents ideas about the rotation of the sun and planets.
Space Physics Textbook
- A free online textbook on space physics.
- Information mostly on the fourth dimension and theoretical physics.
The Astrophysical Journal
- Founded in 1895 and published by the American Astronomical Society. It is devoted to recent developments, discoveries, and theories in astronomy and astrophysics. Quasars, pulsars, neutron stars, black holes, solar and stellar magnetic fields, X-rays, and interstellar matter. In addition, videos that complement specific issues are periodically available.
The Electric Universe
- Physics knows four forces; 20th-century scientists were convinced that one of those, the electric force, played no macroscopic role in the Universe; site explains why that is incorrect.
The Structure, Stability, and Dynamics of Self-Gravitating Systems
- An interactive Astrophysics textbook from Louisiana State University.
The Titius-Bode Number Sequence Deciphered
- Explanation of the Titius-Bode Law of planetary spacing.
WWW Virtual Library - Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Provides links to online information about astronomy and astrophysics.
You Be the Astrophysicist
- Interactive site for learning about astronomy and astrophysics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor