Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Sustainable Forestry & Certification Watch
- SFCW aims at enhancing the understanding of forest certification, particuarly regarding sustainable forest management, international forest policy, trade in forest products and consumer choice.
- Encourages people to protect rainforests by using Tangaloa hardwood, a quality replacement for rain forest and old-growth forest woods.
The Beech Scheme
- This site contains material that largely supports the beech scheme -- a proposal to sustainably manage beech forests on 0.1 million hectares of New Zealand's 2.8 million hectare beech forest estate.
The Bioesfera Project
- About the First Spanish-Tropical Forest Biology-Archeology Workshop, in Guatemala in 1995. Site has information about rainforests and interactions of culture and environment.
The Children's Rainforest Inc.
- A student-teacher environmental conservation/education group whose mission is to protect endangered habitats in the tropics through school fundraising. Based in Canada.
The Native Forests of New Zealand
- Learn about the various types and distinctive character of native forests in New Zealand; their unbroken lineage to the ancient forests of Gondwana and the impact of human activity on these forests. Includes images, references, links and books.
The Rainforest Alliance
- An international nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of tropical forests. Their mission is to develop and promote economically viable and socially desirable alternatives to rainforest destruction through education, research and cooperative partnerships with businesses, governments and local peoples.
The Rainforest Site
- Protect a piece of Rain Forest for free.
- Dedicated to the Celebration and Preservation of America's North Pacific Rainforest
TreeWeb: The Natural History of Trees
- The TreeWeb is devoted to the natural history of trees, including their biology, evolution, geography and utilization. Descriptions of tree families, genera and species are included.
Trees for the Future
- Trees for the Future is a non-profit organization initiating and supporting agroforestry self-help projects in cooperation with groups and individuals in developing countries.
- Provides access to the forest canopy by constructing canopy walkways, observation platforms and other canopy access systems for researchers, photographers and ecotourists. They also provide instruction in climbing and safety techniques.
- Tropical forest research for nature conservation and sustainable use of rain forests in Cameroon, Colombia, Guyana, Ghana, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Vietnam.
Tropical Rain Forest Information Center (TRFIC) - SAR Node
- Imaging radar observation of tropical rain forests obtained by NASDA JERS-1 SAR in 1995-1996 as part of Global Rain Forest Mapping Project (GRFM). Resolution is 100 meters.
U.S. Non Timber Forest Product Website
- Conservation and development information on commercial, recreational, and subsistence extraction of non-timber forest products (NTFP) in the United States with regards to cultural, ecological, economic, geographic, and political considerations.
Watching Over The Rain Forest
- Rainforestshop.com sells sustainably harvested products from the rain forest, including food, home and garden supplies, personal care products and toys for kids.
World Resource Institute- Forest Frontiers Initiative
- FFI is a five year, multi-disciplinary effort to promote stewardship in and around the world's last major frontier forests by influencing investment, policy, and public opinion.
- Personal website about the Amazon rainforest.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor