Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Las Nubes Neotropical Research Center
- Las Nubes Neotropical Research and Conservation Center is located in southern Costa Rica. It is a joint project of the Faculty of Environmental Studies of York University in Toronto and the Tropical Science Center in San Jose. Its objectives are biodiversity protection, local community development, and environmental education.
MN INteragency Information Cooperative
- Forest data resource for Minnesota.
Mamirauá Sustainable Development Reserve
- The Mamirauá Project in Brazil, a non-profit NGO combining research and sustainable development.
Native Orkney Tree Preservation
- John Moar presents information and links to groups working to preserve the native tree species of Orkney area, Scotland.
New Forest Life Project
- Restoring Europe's ancient woods, heaths, wetlands and associated wildlife.
Nouabale-Ndoki National Park
- Information about conservation and research at the Nouabale-Ndoki National Park, Congo, including the wildlife you can find there.
Ontario Forest Health Cooperative
- Information about a coordinated attempt to monitor forest conditions and trends in Ontario, Canada, including acquisition of old and forgotten data that can help in measuring long-term trends. Site includes project descriptions and reports.
Panacea Growth Ltd.
- Project to promote teak reforestation in Belize.
Pax Natura - Costa Rica
- A rainforest preserve established to protect and expand the primary and secondary rainforest lands in Costa Rica.
Plant-It 2000 Foundation
- Founded by singer John Denver, Plant-It 2000 is a nonprofit foundation dedicated to properly planting, maintaining and protecting as many indigenous trees as possible worldwide.
Rainforest Action Network Introduction
- Educational resource on rainforest especially for junior students and teachers. Includes some teaching ideas and plans, and notes from researchers. Created by Paignton Zoo, UK. Includes some Realplayer and Flash items.
- Complete guide to the world's rainforests, including ecology, animals and plants. Includes maps of all rainforest regions.
- Answers basic questions about rain forests, their importance, and how they might be conserved.
Resource Conservation Alliance
- non-profit encourages less wood consumption and the use of alternatives such as recycled fibers, straw, industrial hemp, etc.
Resources for the Future Library: Forests
- Research articles (PDF format) on forest policy and economics. Sample topics include global timber supply and markets; climate, El Nino and eastern U.S. forests; potential for carbon forest plantations; and achieving sustainable forestry through international agreements.
Royal Forestry Society of England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Caters for all who care about forestry, forests, woodlands and trees, their husbandry and their future.
- Provides independent, objective evaluation of forest management practices, forest products, timber sources and companies, enabling the public to identify products and practices that do not destroy forests. Certification and use of the SmartWood label provides a commercial incentive for forest managers to adopt sustainable forestry practices.
Southern Forest Resource Assessment
- A multi-agency evaluation of the status of forest resources of the southern U.S., their productivity, ecological diversity and sustainability. Led by the USDA Forest Service.
Sustainable Beech Forestry -- Maruia Forest
- Describes the controversy about conservation-enhancing sustainable forest management in the beech and rimu forests of West Coast New Zealand. Contains prime scientific papers, letters to politicians, Press Releases, links to other sites.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor