Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Economics of Forest Protection and Management
- read online abstracts and full-text publications, view presentations, and download datasets addressing forest economics issues of the Southern US and beyond, produced by the scientists of this research unit of the USDA Forest Service's Southern Research Station, located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina USA.
Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC)
- Grassroots non-profit organization working to protect endangered species and forest ecosystems on California's North Coast. Site has information about the Headwaters Forest values and resources, and updates about the current status of protecting the endangered biodiversity of this coastal temperate rainforest.
- Learn about the fate of biodiversity and endangered species in the temperate rainforests of British Columbia, Canada.
FAO Forestry Programme
- Working on how to use the world's trees, forests and related resources to improve people's economic, environmental, social and cultural conditions while ensuring that the resource is conserved to meet the needs of future generations. Site has program information (by topic and by country) and forestry-related information.
Forest Action Network
- Campaigns to save British Columbia's Great Bear Rainforest, the largest remaining temperate rainforest in the world through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action.
Forest Conservation Portal
- Rainforest, forest and biodiversity conservation news and information.
Forest Conservation: Australian Bush Heritage Fund
- Organisation that buys and then manages high-conservation private land in Australia as community-based conservation efforts.
Forest Cover Types
- Major timber cover type maps for the United States.
- Forest health issues with public forum and free advice.
- Pacific Northwest forests education site. At Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
Forestry in the Appalachian Hardwoods of Kentucky
- The state & practice of forest conservation in Kentucky. Site contains sample timber cruise report, forest management workshop manual and measurements, forestry, conservation, and ecology links.
- Our Mission: To protect and enhance the forests and wildlife habitat of California through educational, legislative and electoral activities. Second, our Mission is to recruit, educate and train articulate and effective organizers in the skills needed to convey our position on the state's forests and wildlife habitat to the citizens of California.
Great Bear Rainforest
- A non-profit, conservation and research society dedicated to ensuring the survival of wildlife in the Great Bear Rainforest, and thereby ensuring the protection of this ancient temperate rainforest.
Headwaters Forest Coalition
- A group of independent environmental organizations banding together to save the Headwaters old growth Redwood Forest from being cut down.
- International Society of Tropical Foresters.
International Tropical Timber Organization
- The primary focus is to provide an effective framework for consultation among producer and consumer member countries on all aspects of the world timber economy within its mandate. (Yokohama, Japan)
International Union of Forestry Research Organizations
- IUFRO is a non-profit, non-governmental international network of forest scientists. Its objectives are to promote international cooperation in forestry and forest products research.
Iwokrama International Centre for Rain Forest Conservation and Development
- An autonomous international rain forest conservation, research and development organisation based in Guyana. It is set up to demonstrate how tropical forests can be sustainably managed and the biodiversity conserved. Activities in forest ecology, wildlife management, adventure tourism, carbon sequestration, participatory approaches and the use of technology such as GIS in decision making.
Joint Forest Management in India
- Information and analysis on various topics related to forest conservation in India, particularly initiatives to promote the joint cooperation of fringe forest user groups and the forest department.
Kick Interfor Off the Planet
- Rid the world of Interfor, undoubtedly one of the worst destroyers of temperate rainforests on the planet.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor