Society and Culture
Submit a site
Maps and Views
Santa Fe Trail
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
500 Years of Encounters 1492-1992
- Events that shaped New Mexico Hispanic arts and crafts.
- Traditional designs and techniques. Many photos illustrate historical and current procedures.
American Encounters Exhibits
- Smithsonian's American History Museums' Gallery exhibits relating to New Mexico with photo, site map, and lists of holdings.
Archives and Historical Services Division
- Public records of New Mexico are stored here. Source for historical information about land and land grants.
Archives and Manuscript Repositories in New Mexico
- Links to resources available for use by researchers from the National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC).
Army Corps of Engineers Albuquerque District
- Among other information about permits, offers a 118-picture slide show of historical water resources.
BLM Celebrates Its Golden Anniversary
- Lists sites including Casamero Pueblo (975 to 1175 AD) with historical details about this Pueblo among others.
- From the Western Regional Climate Center, historical summaries of climate including snow fall tables for over 200 sites in New Mexico.
Cuarto Centrennial History Series
- Many historical articles about settlement in New Mexico by Juan de Onate in 1598 from the Albuquerque Journal.
Cuartocentennial of Colonization of New Mexico
- January, 1998, marked the 400th anniversary of the entrada into New Mexico. Two New Mexico State University students, in Las Cruces, present here a detailed listing of events in 1598.
Cultural History of New Mexico
- Brief history of New Mexico with references to northwestern New Mexico, San Juan Pueblo, Santa Fe and Native Americans.
Cultural Treasures of New Mexico
- Cultural resources documentary project. An infobase of cultural information. Lists not-for-profit museums, state and national parks, historical societies, public archives, libraries, others. Museum of New Mexico project.
Durango Archdiocese Microfilming Project
- Rio Grande Historical Collections at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces is microfilming accounts of life from the early 1600's through the Mexican Revolution found in Durango, Mexico. Includes index to rolls.
Folk Arts of the Spanish Southwest
- Discussion of Old World Spanish traditions and native Indian sensibilities. Includes tour of five rooms at the National Gallery of Art.
Friars Aim to Convert, Educate Natives
- Relationship of Cortes, Cuauhtemoc and Onate reported. From the Albuquerque Journal.
- Geology, history of native inhabitants, other subjects. With photos.
Global Warming and Climate Change in New Mexico
- Historical effects of climate changes since 1900 reported.
Hispano Music and Culture of the Northern Rio Grande
- Juan B. Rael Collection of religious and secular music of Spanish-speaking residents of northern New Mexico including essays in both English and Spanish.
Historians Look for Clues in Century-Old Family Feud
- About the disappearance of Albert Fountain. An Associated Press story.
History in Southern New Mexico
- Articles about a variety of history subjects in Southern New Mexico.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor