Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
200th and 515th Coast Artillery History
- About the New Mexico Brigade formed in 1941 that took part in the Battle of Bataan in the Philippines during World War II.
Bataan-Corregidor Memorial Foundation of New Mexico, Inc.
- Memorial for New Mexico soldiers of the 200th and the 515th on Bataan and Corregidor. Lists names, county of residents, and other information.
Boys in the Bag
- Points out that the infantry's most powerful foe was probably alcoholic drink. Mentions 7th Infanty, Fort Craig, Fort Fillmore, Colonel John R. Baylor, Major Isaac Lynde. With pictures.
Brief History of Fort Bayard
- Includes details of Corporal Clinton Greaves, a Black Cavalry Trooper.
- History of the 9th and the 10th Horse Cavalry in the late 1800's.
Camel Corps Homepage
- Before the Civil War the Army experimented using camels as pack animals. This site includes much information about the experiment. From 1996.
Campaign in New Mexico with Colonel Doniphan
- Text written by Frank S. Edwards, a volunteer, in 1847. Includes 7 chapters of details of military campaigns, with an Appendix.
- Native American codetalkers were used by the Army during World War II to encrypt voice communications. With photo.
Female Buffalo Soldier
- Story of Cathay Williams who enlisted as Private William Cathay and was discharged in 1868 at Fort Bayard when it was discovered she was a female.
Fort Selden, New Mexico
- Fort Selden
History of Fort Union
- A history of Fort Union including current pictures. Also information of the Santa Fe trail.
Kirtland AFB History
- The history of Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico.
Mexican American War
- The North American "intervention". Graphics intensive site offering 26 chapters of text and hundreds of images. Includes an MPEG demo.
Mexican-American War Memorial Homepage
- Chronicle, documents, and testimonials relating to the War.
New Mexico Casualties in the Korean Conflict
- List of casualties with counties of residence.
New Mexico Casualties in the Vietnam Conflict
- Lists of casualties including counties of residence.
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
- Text of the Treaty that ended the Mexican-American war, from the Monterey County Historical Society.
United States Regiment of Dragoons
- Lineage and timeline of the 1st Cavalry Regiment from its authorization in the early 1800's. Forts mentioned include Fort Craig, Fort Fillmore, Fort Union, Fort Thorn, Fort Marcy, among others.
Vietnam Veterans Memorial - New Mexico
- Lists of those who served with rank, branch of service, place of residence and other information.
War Eagles Air Museum
- Museum has an excellent collection of mostly warbirds, and the site presents photos of each. Located in Santa Teresa, New Mexico, which is just outside of El Paso, Texas.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor