Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Addiction Support Chat and Board
- A methadone based chat hosted by a patient and ex-addiction counselor. Includes chat user information and links to further resources.
Advocates for Recovery Through Medicine
- A non-profit organization whose goal is to see that Opiate Agonist Therapy, using Methadone and other Opiate Agonists, is made available to stable patients in private practice physicians' offices and also seeks to educate physicians in the care of long-term maintenance.
American Methadone Treatment Association
- Created to better coordinate the efforts of methadone treatment providers throughout the United States. The association also promotes the growth and development of these treatment services.
American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Official web page of medical specialty society dedicated to educating physicians, and improving the treatment of individuals suffering from alcoholism or other addictions.
Carnegie Hill Institute
- Private methadone maintenance and detoxification center on the upper east side of Manhattan.
- A brief description of methadone.
Facts About Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Pros and cons of this controversial therapy for people addicted to heroin. Ideal candidates, adverse effects, what to expect from treatment.
Federal Methadone Regulations
- A list of regulations that methadone clinics must follow. The place to go to see if your clinic is following state, federal or clinic guidelines.
Florida Methadone Advocates
- Web site about problems and activities of methadone patients in the State of Florida. Numerous relevant links. Including how to open a methadone clinic.
Ivans Methadone Information Xchange
- Part of the Drug Reform Coordination Network. A network of websites and current news items pertaining to methadone.
J.Thomas Payte MD - Opiod Agonist Treatment
- Founder and Medical Director of Drug Dependence Associates. He began treating heroin addicts in 1963 and Methadone maintenance treatment began in late 1967.
Journal of Addictive Disease
- Issues in illicit drug use: Diagnosis, management, and treatment. This particular article is about Methadone Maintenance.
Lindsmith Center Drug Policy Foundation
- One of the premier organizations for drug abuse treatment. Lots of links and information including a library, discussion forum, in the news, and special projects.
- A free use harm reduction logo designed to indicate that you, your group or business is Methadone Maintenance Friendly. Pamphlet is available from web site on reducing harm.
- Contains pictures and information on this medicine also known as Dolophine.
- TexNAMA, the Texas affiliate of the National Alliance of Methadone Advocates. Working with NAMA, ARM, CSAT and others to change the laws, allow adequate dosing and educating the public and patients alike.
Methadone Advocates TexNAMA Forum
- In order to participate in Delphi.com's personalized discussion services, you must create an account. This is the registration form to participate in the forum.
Methadone Clinic Information System
- Beth Israel Medical Center Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program. Contains information on their program in New York City including treatment, training, community service, health information and a tour of their clinics.
- Has useful information to help those seeking treatment and those who are already in treatment.
Methadone Information Exchange
- The MIE focuses on empowering methadone patients and addicts seeking treatment. The site provides access to information on important issues, and tries to debunk the mythology that surrounds opiate addiction and its treatment. It also has a message board.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor