Submit a site
Writing And Literature
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abnormal Sex Differentiaton
- Publication that will help parents and patients understand intersexuality and the challenges that accompany syndromes of "abnormal" sex differentiation. From the Johns Hopkins Children's Center.
Check for Mutilation on Return
- An exhibition by South African artist Stuart Barnes which examines the medical discourse around intersex infant surgeries.
Cushing's Support and Research Foundation
- Providing information and support for Cushing's Disease and Cushing's Syndrome patients and their families.
Find others with XXY
- A great support, bonding, and resource site for people with Klinefelter's syndrome.
GIRES: The Gender Identity Research & Education Society
- Registered UK charity that sponsors research and education on gender identity.
Genetic Interest Group
- Information about this UK umbrella group of organizations working together to improve services for people with genetic disorders. A notice board, education, services and links are provided.
Genetic Org Home
- Information about Klinefelter Syndrome, when it was first discovered, the common characteristics, and treatment.
Guide to Medical Intersexuality Vocabulary
- Includes such bitterly funny entries as "Ambiguous Genitalia: Genitalia that refuse to declare their sex to doctors--no doubt on the principle that under interrogation by the enemy you should give only name, rank, and serial number."
- Why it happens, what it is, what to do; see photos of hypospadias and contact others with it. Discusses androgen insensitivity, testicular feminization syndrome, development, and even ISNA.
Intersex Society of North America
- ISNA is a peer support, education, and advocacy group founded and operated by and for intersexuals: individuals born with anatomy or physiology which differs from cultural ideals of male and female.
Intersexuality In Sports
- Information about the condition in amateur and Olympic performance. Includes a human rights perspective.
Klinefelter's Syndrome Report
- A special short paper done as part of the Student Genome Project.
MRKH Listserv and Online Support Group Homepage
- A discussion group for XX females with ovaries but lack of vaginal, and often uterine development.
- The biology of sex is being hotly debated, as parents, doctors and researchers reevaluate what it means to be male and female. This is an article about 'gender reinforcement' surgery by a subscriber to the US branch of the AIS Support Group.
The Discussion Forum
- For folks with Addison's Syndrome.
The ISNA Intersex FAQ
- Frequently (or infrequently) Asked Questions about intersex people and the Intersex Society of North America
The Sex That Dare Not Speak Its Name
- A long article by Emily Nussbaum in the current issue of Lingua Franca details the rise of the increasingly successful intersex social justice movement, its alliances with humanists and social scientists in the academy, and growing pockets of change within the medical community.
UK Turner Society.
- Contains support, information on hormone replacement therapy, health issues for women with TS and personal stories.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor