Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Betrayal of the Gospel
- Statement by LCMS President A. L. Barry on the signing of Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification.
A Comparison of Lutheranism with Other Churches
- The theology and practices of the Lutheran Church are laid out beside those of Catholic and Protestant churches.
A Short Commentary on Incarnationis Mysterium
- Analysis of the 1998 papal bull for the Jubilee year of 2000 with special attention paid to indulgences.
Concerning the Name Lutheran
- C. F. W. Walther supports the use of the title for the church, defending it as a one-word statement of confession and definition of doctrinal position.
- Includes documents, links, and the e-zine DayStar Arising. Missouri Synod members joined by others, including ELCA, to change the theology and ecumenical practice of the LCMS.
- Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod comparisons with other Lutheran and Christian bodies and non-Christian groups in theology and practice.
Distinction Between Orthodox and Heterodox Churches
- Translation of a Franz Pieper essay from 1889 addressing membership in bodies considered right-teaching and of a mixed confession.
- Differentiates among the Lutheran, Reformed, and Roman Catholic teachings on Baptism, Holy Communion, and Justification.
Evangelical Lutheran Church: The True Visible Church
- Lecture by Dr. Franz A. O. Pieper, that the Word of God must be taught in its truth and purity for a church to claim to be true.
Explicating the Common Understanding of Justification
- Contra to the second sub-section of section four of the Joint Declaration by certain Lutherans and the Roman Catholics, examining also sanctification.
Get that Camel's Nose out of the Tent
- Defense against those in Lutheranism who attack the use of proof texts. Calls also for sensitive harmonizing of apparent discrepancies in Scripture.
- Theological and political activism in the Missouri Synod designed to move the LCMS away from what are viewed as narrow interpretations of inter-church and intra-church doctrine and practice.
Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification: A Response
- Negative analysis and comments on the JDDJ by the faculty of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Lutheran and Arminian Theology
- Explores the teachings descending from Luther and Arminius, contrasting the former as objective and the latter as subjective, with special emphasis on how the differences affect worship.
Lutherans: Catholic, Protestant, or Other?
- Discussion on Lutheranism's relationship with other parts of western Christendom.
Reclaiming Walther in the LCMS
- A site for the promotion of the principles of Lutheran theology as expressed by C.F.W. Walther, a founder of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Teachers, Not Pharasites
- The Rev. Matthew Rusert coins a term for many in the bureaucratic offices of the church from pharisee and parasite. He complains that self-sacrifice has been replaced by self-service.
Truemper, David G.
- Valparaiso University professor and DayStar member writes on Christian freedom, a review of "A Statement of Scriptural and Confessional Principles," freedom for ministry, and commentary on Augsburg Confession Article VII.
Very Unofficial ELS Site
- Pastor Gregory L. Jackson, Ph.D., critically explores the relationship between the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS) and the much larger Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
Very Unofficial Otten LCMS Site
- Pastor Gregory L. Jackson, Ph.D., examines the relationship between the Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod and Pastor Herman Otten's Christian News.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor