Submit a site
Eleanor of Aquitaine
Julian of Norwich
Hildegard of Bingen
Joan of Arc
Matilda of Saxony
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Anglo-Saxon Women: More than just Frithuwebbas
- An article from the students and faculty of Anglo-Saxon Studies at the University of Georgia. "Frithuwebbas" denotes peaceweavers.
Bibliiography on Women in Byzantium
- Comprehensive list of works on Byzantine women, compiled by a group of internationally recognised scholars.
Bibliography on Women Writers
- A comprehensive list of books and articles with information on women writers of the Middle Ages.
Dominion & Domination of the Gentle Sex
- The day-to-day lives of medieval women of all classes and callings.
Female Heroes from the Time of the Crusades
- Short bios on notable women. Scroll down to see those from the time of the crusades.
Gender and Medieval Studies Group
- Organizes international, interdisciplinary conferences aimed at furthering the study of medieval gender and sexuality. Information about next conference: 'Seeing Gender', 4-6 January 2002, King's College, London.
German Women in the Reformation
- Information pertaining to daily life, gender roles, education, and contribution of German women during the Reformation movement. Includes links and biographical information.
International Marie de France Society
- Aims to establish friendly and productive exchanges between scholars interested in Marie de France and the anonymous lays.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Catalogue of sources relevant to the study of medieval gender roles.
- Lucrezia Borgia was considered the most ruthless of Italian Renaissance noblewomen. Essay written by Martina Bexte.
Matrix: Resources for the Study of Women's Religious Communities
- Collaborative effort by an international group of scholars from a range of disciplines, the aim of which is to document the participation of Christian women in the religion and society of medieval Europe.
Medieval Feminist Index
- Index of publications on women, sexuality and gender in the Middle Ages.
- Overviews of ordinary women's lives during this period, as well as biographies of Hildegard von Bingen and Julian of Norwich.
Medieval Women Websites
- Review of web resources on women and medieval studies.
Medieval Women Writers
- Resources to help incorporate texts by medieval women writers into elementary through intermediate Latin or French classes. Includes texts by Hrotsvit of Gandersheim, medieval Latin poems, Christine de Pizan, excerpts from medieval French and Occitan women writers, an annotated Vulgar Latin Grammar, selected songs of the trobaritz, and Marie de France.
Medieval Women and Music
- Articles on medieval women's involvement in music, from the On-line Reference Book for Medieval Studies.
Medieval Women: An Interactive Exploration
- Explore the life of a woman living in Paris c.1400. Includes sections on the nunnery, the court, the world of work, and a scriptorium which contains music, texts, and images.
Medieval Womens' Choir
- Seattle-based women's ensemble who studies and performs music written for women's voices in the Middle Ages.
Melisende's Women of History
- Biographies of some of the fascinating women who have graced the pages of history.
On-line Reference Book: Women's Studies
- Links to primary sources, teaching resources and on-line bibliographies on medieval women.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor