Submit a site
Direct Service Organizations
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
54 Ways You Can Help The Homeless
- The online version of a book by Rabbi Charles A. Kroloff offers practical acts of kindness.
Absolute Authority on Homelessness
- A collection of authorities, content, and community on the subject of homelessness, including news articles and resources for the homeless.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Homelessness
- Background information and links on homelessness in America.
Circle of Friends for American Veterans
- Since 1993 the Circle of Friends has been helping homeless American Veterans. We provide financial assistance to organizations that provide housing, food, job training and counseling to America's homeless veterans.
Coalition on Human Needs: Homeless Issues
- Background information, legislative analyses, status reports on pending bills, and links on the homelessness issue from the Coalition on Human Needs, a coalition of major U.S. anti-poverty organizations.
FEANTSA - Homeless in Europe
- News and information from the European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless (FEANTSA) - with links to members and partners.
Global Homeless Network
- Join forces in the global war on homelessness... A list of organizations and web pages campaigning against homelessness
Grassroots Homeless Empowerment Programs
- Projects designed for people helping themselves to end homelessness.
HOMELESS: Weblinks on Homelessness at CSF
- Hundreds of Internet sites (in several countries) with information on Homelessness.
Health Care for the Homeless Information Resource Center
Healthcare for the Homeless Bibliography
- List of over 200 books and articles regarding health care for homeless persons.
- Public policy law firm in San Francisco, CA providing policy briefs, research, library and other resources regarding homelessness, principally in the Bay area.
Homeless Assistance Act: US Code : Title 42, Chapter 119
- US official policy passed in 1998 to address the crisis of lack of shelter for a growing number of individuals and families.
Homeless People's Network
- A news list for the formerly or presently homeless, this discussion group spans three continents and a range of worldviews and backgrounds.
- An essay attributing the breakdown of the family as the root causes of homelessness among youth.
- The government of Canada's national homelessness initiative.
Homelessness: Building a Larger Community
- Column on homeless issues, hosted by online liberal 'alternative' newspaper The Great Speckled Bird; linked to sites on self-managed shelters & other homeless resources & presences on the Web, including CopWatch.
Homelessness: US Department of Health and Human Services
- Homelessness Information from the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services including homeless program descriptions, publications, funding information, clearinghouses, homelessness links and more.
Institute for Research on Poverty
- Information about the institute, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Institute for the Study of Homelessness and Poverty at the Weingart Center
- Research regarding homelessness and poverty in Los Angeles.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor