Health and Safety
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abuse, Memory, Science, Therapy, Ethics and Malpractice
- Offers full-text articles, abstracts of peer-reviewed articles, national research studies, and books by psychologist Kenneth S. Pope, Ph.D., ABPP. Special attention to the subject of recovered memories of abuse.
Astraea's Web: Discrediting the False Memory Syndrome Foundation
- Directory of web resources regarding recovered memory.
Book Review: Memory, Trauma Treatment, and the Law
- Book review by Helen McGonigle of the book by Brown, Sheflin and Hammond.
Both sides of the 'false accusation' coin
- First-person account and analysis of the recovered memory debate.
BrendaBytes.COM - False Allegations of Child Abuse
- Law firm specializing in defending accused child abusers has an informational site.
Debunking "False Memory" Myths in Sexual Abuse Cases
- An article by Attorney Wendy Murphy.
False Memory Reading Group
- Searchable archive of article summaries prepared by the False Memory Reading Group at the University of Arkansas.
False Memory Syndrome Facts
- A collection of information in support of the concept of recovered memories.
False Memory Syndrome: Repressed Memories, Sexual Abuse, Exaggerated Claims of Child Abuse
- Part of the Say No to Psychiatry organization's website, this page contains a bibliography concerning false memories of abuse.
False Rape, Abuse and Molest Reports - Index
- Details many accounts of reportedly false accusations, also includes links pertaining to this topic.
Government Abuse of Citizens
- Informative articles, links, and books related to the concern that those meaning to protect children from alleged abuse are causing false allegations that are taking away parental rights.
HealthCentral.com Cool Tools
- Self-experiment showing the ease with which the mind can be fooled about "remembering" something.
Memory and Reality
- Official website of the False Memory Syndrome Foundation.
Questioning Claims About the False Memory Syndrome Epidemic
- Article by Kenneth Pope, Ph.D. outlined here; also includes links to a number of other resources pertaining to FMS issues.
Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- Information from APAs Public Affairs Office to help you understand how repressed, recovered, or suggested memories of childhood abuse may occur and what you can do if you or a family member is concerned about a childhood memory.
Recovered Memories of Sexual Abuse: Scientific Research & Scholarly Resources
- This page, by Jim Hopper, Ph.D., presents scientific research and scholarly resources addressing amnesia and delayed recall for memories of childhood sexual abuse.
Recovered Memory Therapy
- Description of repressed memories and recovered memory therapy from the point of view that it represents a "therapy hoax."
Recovered Memory Therapy and False Memory Syndrome
- An article by John Hochman, M.D., from the 1994 volume of "The Skeptic."
Recovered Memory: A Morbid Symptom
- 1995 article from the UK publication, Living Marxism, decrying the "preoccupation with recovered memories of child abuse."
Recovered Memory: A Pandora's Box
- Concerns about the practice of psychotherapy and recovered memories.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor