Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Asthma and air pollution (in Britain)
- Dr Dick van Steenis's research into asthma and other diseases, and their connection with air pollution caused by burning orimulsion and other fuels.
- National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides provides info on pesticides. Current actions and newsletters including pesticide safety and alternatives.
- Research and data on wood smoke pollution and combustion particulates. Research shows that 60,000 people in the US die each year from smoke pollution. This site is chosen by the BBC Education Directory for excellence in the information presented.
CQS Health and Environment
- Health alert and toxic alert information about health, fitness, and the environment and their intimate connection. Activist group's site. Some alternative views on HIV and AIDS.
Californians for Pesticide Reform (CPR)
- Resource designed to aid in understanding the chronic and acute health impacts of pesticides. Provide review of studies linking pesticides with chronic and acute diseases.
Canadians Against Pesticides
- Informing Canadians of pesticide risks. Actions against pesticides and toxins.
Candles and Indoor Air Quality
- Discusses the effect burning candles has on the indoor air quality of a home; potential property damage and health risks from BSD (Black Soot Deposition).
Civitas - Citizens for Planetary Health
- Promotes environmental and human health by exposing harmful practices and policies such as relying upon unscientific animal experiments to justify poisoning the environment and to predict the effects of toxins and medicines on humans.
Combination of Pesticides Linked to Parkinson's Disease
- A combination of two widely used agricultural pesticides - but neither one alone - creates in mice the exact pattern of brain damage that doctors see in patients with Parkinson's disease. Environment News Service.
Composted Kitchen Waste May Put Heavy Metals In The Soil
- Some systems of ecological arable farming in developed countries, which use only organic fertilisers contaminate the soil with levels of cadmium, copper and lead which are twice as high as when a combination of both animal manure and artificial fertiliser is used. (Studied samples using kitchen waste)
Conspiracy of Silence
- Documents a PCB spill and clean up, industries reaction and the eventual ban of the sale of PCB's.
Consumers for a Toxic-Free America Petition
- Petition against the toxic and carcinogenic ingredients found in cosmetic, personal care, and household products.
Greenpeace Chemical Kitchen
- Interactive guide of chemicals in kitchen products that cause harmful pollution in the environment and are toxic to humans. Names those cleaning products that do not contain these long-lasting, toxic chemicals.
Healthy Milk, Healthy Baby - The Chemicals, One by One
- Natural Resources Defense Council information on the chemical pollution and mothers milk.
How Risk Assessment Poisoned Our Children [Rachel's]
- Somewhere between 2 and 4 million American children have sufficient lead in their blood to diminish their IQ, reduce their physical stature, damage their hearing, decrease their hand-eye coordination and impair their ability to pay attention in school. Article shows why "risk assessment" can be unscientific, if the risks are not calculable.
- "The cumulative effects of radiation-caused infertility raise the possibility of gradual human extinction."
Insecticide Causes Mad Cow Disease
- Research that shows insecticide used in the UK government warble-fly campaigns triggered the UK surge of 'Mad Cow' disease. Latest experiments by Cambridge University prion specialist David R. Brown shows that prions in the bovine spine can be damaged by organophosphate insecticides causing the disease. Optimal Wellness Center News.
Is Global Warming Harmful to Health?
- Computer models indicate that many diseases will surge as the earths atmosphere heats up. Signs of the predicted troubles have begun to appear. Scientific American.
Kids at Risk
- Environment scrutinized as learning problems rise. U.S.News and World Report.
Long Islanders Against Pesticides
- LIAP is a non-profit community education organization providing information on the use of pesticides in the New York and Long Island communities.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor