Submit a site
Articles and Commentaries
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Auto Free Times Magazine
- News and opinion about transportation and road development issues from Alliance for a Paving Morotorium, an activist organization opposed to new road construction
Congress for the New Urbanism
- News, information and other resources from organization advocating for restoration of cities and human-oriented livable communities with a sense of place.
- News, information, directory and other resources about design and activities that encourage livable, sustainable communities, from Florida Design Initiative.
- Find out what activists, members of the real estate community, and local and state governments are doing to control growth in cities and counties across the United States.
National Sprawl News Index
- A periodically updated directory of articles about suburban sprawl, downtown and city abandonment
- Package of features about efforts to revive traditional community design and sustainable alternatives to sprawl, from Conscious Choice magazine, Apr. 2001.
- Information and resources about alternatives to dehumanizing modern trends on social and environmental quality
- Information and resources from advocacy organization to protect scenic qualities of communities and roadways
Smart Growth Network
- Searchable databases of information resources on smart growth case studies, smart building design, smart development design and zoning, brownfields redevelopment and eco-industrial parks; and related topics.
- Commentaries and analysis about sprawl and growth-planning from Reason. A conservative journal, but page includes links to information sources on both sides of issue.
- Clearinghouse with news, information and resource links about land-use, community planning and preservation
- Updated and opinionated news items about disputes regarding commercial development from organization opposed to proliferation of Wal-Mart and other aspects of commercial strips and malls.
The Cost and Consequences of Suburban Sprawl
- "The Dark Side of the American Dream" a 1998 report on urban sprawl by the Sierra Club.
The National Trust Main Street Center
- A historic preservation based downtown revitalization resource for Main Street Programs, historic preservationists, urban planners, community revitalizationists, part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The Planning Report
- A newsletter reporting on managed growth in Southern California.
The Road to Sprawl
- Multi-part article discussing the problems associated with sprawl and efforts being made to fix them, from Friends of the Earth.
- A project of Reason Public Policy Institute. the Urban Futures Program promotes voluntary, private-sector and market-oriented solutions to sprawl and urban issues.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor