Submit a site
AOL Time Warner
US Postal Service
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Are Union Monopolies Bad for Everyone (Except Union Bosses)?
- How much do unions help workers? Union membership is shrinking, but some people are calling for unionized technology jobs. Do you need a new middleman in your life? If all monopolies are bad, then why do union bosses get away with theirs?
Bringing Consumer Choice to Electricity
- We all know that the electric power industry is the last surviving monopoly in the United States. But the experiment in government-mandated monopoly production and pricing has ended; it has failed to measure up in each major industry in which it existed. The time has come to bring the electric generation business into the modern economic age, and that means bringing it into a competitive, open, free-market structure.
GATA and LeMetropole Campaign
- Extensive multi-year research has led the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee (GATA) to the conclusion that the gold market is being overtly manipulated; and that the relationship of available physical gold to outstanding gold loans poses a serious risk to the U.S. and global financial systems.
- Your government is a kind of monopoly, too, with all the problems of any other monopoly. What should be done about it?
Government School Monopoly May Fall of Its Own Weight
- The seeds of liberty were planted in fertile soil in 18th-century America. Since then, the American Experiment has encouraged liberty and prosperity. But it also has been overrun by the vine-like spread of government intervention into fields like education.
Intel's Sell Out
- How Intel betrayed the information community when it caved on bogus anti-trust charges. By the widely respected Cato Institute.
Oligopoly, by Robert W. McChesney
- A few gigantic mega-corporations own almost all of the popular media sources, giving them control over most of what you can see and hear outside of the Internet.
Postmaster General Foresees End to Mail Monopoly
- The post office monopoly on delivering letters will fade away but the agency will maintain a secure place in America, former Postmaster General Marvin Runyon predicted.
Power Elites & Monopoly: The Regulatory-Industrial Complex
- With references to a variety of sources from different points of view on the ideological spectrum, this paper shows how government interventionism and socialism are the politics of oligopoly and monopoly power, and includes notes and selected bibliography.
School Choice Would Break the Education Monopoly
- What are American taxpayers getting for all those dollars spent on public education? Not nearly enough, according to education analysts.
Teachers' Organizations Seek to Break Education Union Monopoly
- Monopolies are bad, and that includes union monopolies like the one in education...but some organizations are struggling to give teachers more choice.
The Arthritic Hand of Oligopoly
- A few huge corporations control many markets and industries, to the detriment of society. This is an analysis of the problem.
The Demise of Government Monopoly of Money
- Richard Rahn contemplates the barriers to a new form of currency. He examines Nobel laureat Friedrich Hayek's explanation of how monopolization of money by governments is neither necessary or desirable.
Union Corruption: Why It Happens, How to Combat It
- Why are so many unions so corrupt? Because laws grant them a monopoly on people's jobs...
Why Intel is a Monopoly
- A student's analysis of the question of whether Intel is a monopoly.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor