Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An instrument for the new international monetary architecture : The New Bancor
- Centre Jouffroy pour la réflexion monétaire proposes an instrument for the new international monetary architecture : The New Bancor
Asking the Right Questions About the IMF
- The authors of this essay argue that the issue is not so much what the IMF should do, but what needs to be done and who can best do the job.
Breaking the Bank?
- On April 16th, '00, protestors converged on Washington DC to demand global justice from the World Bank and IMF. Building on the ties forged at the WTO meeting in Seattle, a coalition of groups is demanding "global justice." Corporate Watch will be there, bringing you breaking news from the streets, the teach-ins and the IMF/World Bank meeting. Our coverage includes: Breaking headlines, impacts of policies, background and fact sheets, more...
Debt And Dependency Are The IMF Legacy
- Doug Bandow of the Cato Institute says that the IMF has failed to promote self-sustaining economic growth anywhere in the world. Instead, it has left debt and dependency in its wake.
- Anti-IMF web site devoted to ending the poverty and injustice inflicted by global capitalism.
Hoover Institution Public Policy Inquiry: International Monetary Fund
- International Monetary Fund: Facts, policies, research and perspectives on the IMF. An impressive site dedicated to examining the IMF and policies concerning it, containing articles both supporting and attacking the organization and its roles. A must-read for experts and newbies on all sides of the issue.
IMF Bailout | Globalization & Corporate Rule | Bretton
- David Felix, Professor Emeritus, Washington University in St. Louis, writing for Corporate Watch, says that the IMF has overstepped its original goals and become the opposite of what it's supposed to be.
- Analysis article contending IMF harms economies of recipient nations
IMF and Structural Adjustment Policies
- The IMF and World Bank structural adjustment policies have led to a spiraling race to the bottom for the developing countries that have followed their prescriptions, which require cutbacks on health, education and so on. Poverty as a result has soared.
IMF's Four Steps to Damnation
- Short article based on interview with Joseph Stiglitz, former chief economist of the World Bank, now an outspoken critic of World Bank-style globalisation.
IMF, Capital, and Us: The Economics of Imperialism
- Is the IMF just a tool of the MultiNational Corporation?
International Financial Institutions Research Site
- This site lists research materials on the international financial institutions, and in particular, the IMF and the World Bank. These lists are titles and publication info of print media, NOT links to articles themselves.
The Insider: What I Learned at the World Economic Crisis
- Article by Joseph Stiglitz, former Chief Economist at the World Bank, attacking free market dogma IMF-style - which he says is out of touch with reality.
The International Monetary Fund: Outdated, Ineffective, and Unnecessary
- An article by the Heritage Institute's Bryan T. Johnson, which covers much of the history and criticism of the IMF.
The New Eagle
- Independent, online journal of ideas, offers alternative perspectives on the news, with links to many sources.
Think Globally, Act Nationally: the Case for National Economic Sovereignty
- The Nation weighs in on the IMF, saying it prevents poor countries from developing.
United States - Capitalism's Controversial Clean-Up Crew
- An article examining the IMF's pros and cons, including some history and perspective.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor