By Time Period
Submit a site
Religion and Spirituality
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A History of Viking Civilization
- A quickly developing site dedicated to Viking culture, conquest, and leadership
A part of Swedish History: The Viking Age
- A bit of Swedish (and scandinavic) history.
Birka and Hovgården
- Site from UNESCO about Birka that's on the world heritage list.
Birka and the Vikings
- The town of Birka and its Norse beginnings.
- History of the vikings.
Bronze Casting in Viking Age
- Explores what was once a most important craft.
Canada Hall - The Norse
- A look at the Norse in Canada.
- Research paper on the Saga of Cormacs, a biography of a Norse king of England and Denmark.
Did the Vikings make a telescope?
- Sophisticated lenses made nearly a thousand years ago may have allowed the Vikings to build a telescope. [BBC News]
- A study project created by Bridget Herrera and hosted by Dickinson College, with bibliography. It covers the Germanic myth of creation, Germanic cosmography and gods.
- A popular sport in the Viking age, in northern Europe. In glima it is illegal to kick and hit, therefore it is called wrestling.
Gorm the Wired Viking
- Choose your topic and be rewarded with an "ancient" Viking proverb, or help to create new proverbs in Gorm's Olde Proverb Factory.
Hammer in the North: Norse in Sweden
- An article on Mjollnir in medieval Scandinavia by Daniel Bray at Sydney University.
Jorvik Viking Centre
- Built on the site where the York Archaeological Trust found the amazingly well-preserved remains of part of Viking Jorvik (York). A massive range of evidence was recovered and has been used to recreate every last aspect of everyday life.
- Tom Bjørnstad is anxious to soften the brutal image of the Vikings, seen through the eyes of their foes. Covers Norse history, stave churches, Scandinavia royalty and aspects of the history of Norway.
North: Landscape of the Imagination
- Why did the Norse Vikings go to North America? An excellent article.
Orthodox Christians in North America 1000 Years Ago
- About early christianity in America. Written by Priest Andrew Phillips.
Pillage, Rape, and Burn!
- A series of articles and information regarding the beliefs, practices, and lifestyle of the Viking peoples.
- Runological projects at NCCH.
Sweden and the Vikings.
- A history of the Norse/Vikings in Sweden.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor