Submit a site
Buddhist and Medieval Hindu
European Domination 1750-1947
Islamic Domination 1000-1750
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ayodhya Temple Controversy
- Puts the claim that historical evidence of the existence of a temple before the mosque was built is ignored or suppressed.
Ayodhya; Temple and Mosque
- A set of papers by various authors on the historicity of Ayodhya as Rama's birthplace and of the mosque erected by Babar. Part of the World Archaeological Congress pages, Southampton University website.
- An article by Sriram Sathe questioning the foundations of current accepted histories of India.
Chronology of Indian History
- Very detailed text chronology, includes comparative non Indian dates. Uses scriptural dates in some instances and so does not agree with standard academic dates.
- Describes the coinage of India with moderately detailed historic notes.
- An archive of some regnal chronologies within the Indian subcontinent.
Heritage (India Heritage)
- A site devoted to the culture of India. In particular there are pages describing the history and development of temple architecture.
- Discusses many topics in the history of the subcontinent from an Indian nationalist viewpoint. By Sudheer Birodkar.
History of India
- Topics include the caste system, widow-burning, Jewish communities.
History of India (Text Version)
- A sketchy overview of the entire history of the subcontinent. Text only website - also links to a graphics rich site.
History of India: Books
- A comprehensive annotated catalog of books on the history and politics of India.
Holocaust Page at Dalistan.org
- The dalistan.org website has a number of articles describing the 'holocaust' of Sudras, the Aryan invasions, and related topics, sometimes in rather lurid terms.
India 3000 BC - 1750 AD
- Chronology of the history of India.
Indian Civilization Studies - Mailing List
- Mailing list to exchange information on Indian civilization studies and research findings.
Indology Discussion List
- The page has links to electronic texts, indological resources and archive of the discussion list.
Internet Indian History Sourcebook
- An extensive collection of links and original source material on the history, religion and culture of the whole subcontinent, from the earliest times.
Itihaas: The History of India
- An overview, also with detailed articles on many specific subjects, and web links.
Jain History Outline
- Timelines of Jain history with many links to history topics and Jain texts, comparisons with other historical events.
Koenraad Elst's Indology Homepage.
- Site with regularly updated articles on Indian history, religion and politics.
Land of Dreams
- Essay on how India is sometimes seen from the West, as a mythic and fantastic land, from Greeks onwards.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor