Submit a site
Native American Folklore
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
African-American Almanac: Folktales
- Large number of Afro-American folktales.
Arizona Ghost Stories
- True Arizona Ghost Stories submitted by readers. Included are stories of haunted hotels, "spirited" restaurants, and ghostly residences in Arizona.
Beloved Fear: Two Scary Inuit Folk Tales for Halloween
- Two tales that scared Rachel Attituq Qitsualik as a child, published in Nunatsiaq News.
Brazilian Folklore: Myths and Fantastic Creatures
- Brief description of some Brazilian mythical and legendary creatures.
Customs/Culture of the Past
- Part of a 2001 project entitled "Our Creative Spirit: Arts and Culture of the Placentia Area", Newfoundland.
Folk Lore and the Civil War
- Listing of publications on folklore of the Civil War, presented by Frank de Caro.
Folk USA: Folktales and Folklore from the 50 States
- Retellings of folktales, legends and myths from each of the 50 United States of America.
Folklore of Trinidad and Tobago
- Folklore characters, folk medicin, and superstitions.
Folklore, Legends, Tall Tales - An Interactive Case Book for Ford Knox County, Indiana
- Stories gathered from old newspaper clippings as well as stories submitted by WWW readers.
Haitian Proverbs, Riddles, Jokes and Folktales
- Collection compiled by Bob Corbett (in Creole and English).
- Pictures and bibliography on this fictitious animal, first imagined by cowboys.
John Henry - The Steel Driving Man
- Multimadia website providing an introduction to the legend, the facts, and the meaning of some of the John Henry songs.
Las Lloronas - The Crying Women
- Hispanic ghost stories of women betrayed by love and lovers.
Magic Tales of Mexico
- Tales from the Texas Mexican border, collected by Gabriel A. Cordova Jr.
- From "Tales and Legends of the Q'anjob'al Maya" of Guatamala, as told by don Pedro Miguel Say.
- Six tales told by don Pedro Miguel Say, a famous Q'anjob'al storyteller from Guatemala.
Mi'kmaq Indan Cinderella vs Perrault's Durable Myth
- Study by Paula Giese of a 19th-century Mi'kmaq revisioning of the Cinderella story.
Native American Trickster Tales
- Four texts with introduction and collection of links, by Kathleen Nichols, Pittsburg State University.
Newfoundland and Labrador Folklore
- Songs, stories, placenames and jokes from Newfoundland.
Skunk and Opossum Folk Tales
- Native American folk tales, myths, fables, and legends about skunks and opossums.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor